Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who thinks they know the rut peak for mule deer and moose near Kamloops?

Re: Who thinks they know the rut peak for mule deer and moose near Kamloops?

Reg 3 isn't nuts as some udders lol -- No one cast off or blocked as far as I know -- Free and sleezy on the ridges for big mule bucks this year, for all hunters.
    Come up to 3 and feel free to roam and hike, bring yer peddle bike, or horse, hit 3-28 for mules and ? For moose? Mu 3-?
    Jel -- you have to cross the Trans Mt sooner or later Hahahaha -- no ones hostile -- the mules and moose are in good shape this year --

--- Try to remember a bull or buck no matter how big, of rack , neck or body, or how horny ( Rut ) can't jump on the back end of a doe or cow until the cow or doe let's him -- the female has to be in estrus ( Rut ) and so horny, she calls out for a buck to breed her, and when Mr. Big comes along, she don't keep walking, she stops and let's the big fella hop on.
    Jel -- Doe and cow get horny also not just the bucks --

I know better then to answer this one....but.....
    There is a reason why R5 is closed between the 10th and 20th of Nov.
    The peak day, varies from year to year.
    I often times find for my spot, which is lower in elevation, real low in fact, that the big day tends to be closer to the 20th then
    the 10th.
    But, higher up, it could be different again.
    Hard to say the "exact day"...

Mulies are late December... so stay out of region 3 as all other regions count on remembrance day
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

2nd full moon after fall solstice?
    Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets...

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

first 3 weeks of November and you've got it covered for mulies, I've seen bucks physically breeding doe's as early Nov 3 and as late as Dec 5th,
    the peak of it is anywhere from the 5-15, just depends when those doe's is hot.
    Some years its a few days earlier some years a little later, 3 years ago they were actively chasing does the 18th and then nothing, it was like someone turned a switch off.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

This year -- hint -- this season open now and til in Dec 2018 -- the moose are closer to the rut then mule deer --
    Hint 2. Moose in 3 around Kamloops folks getting closer than the mules --
    Jel -- -- heading into Fall September 23rd it starts -- on a Sunday -- some guesses are getting close on both mule deer and moose rut peak in 3.
    Last edited by Jelvis; 09-10-2018 at 07:51 AM. Reason: All of us will be happy with oil and gas available

Jel

I think I have responded to this topic in moose rut threads but here goes. This is a simplified response.The main trigger for the moose and deer rut is the hours of available light in a day . As the daylight hours decease it triggers the hormones in the species to breed . It is the only constant in nature . If the females do not become impregnated though they will breed again until they do.

#1Maybe someone could chime in as to why they breed later in the southern part of the province and earlier in the northern part ?

#2 Is this due to the way the sunshine hits the earth axis (it's tilt ) ? As we all know it stays darker longer as winter approaches the further north you go .

Not to take away from your thread Jelvis but going to post another thread on the topic relating to different deer family species and the rut .
    Arctic Lake

Region 3 around Kamloops has still got what it takes and more to fulfill a mule deer hunters dreams. Never lost it in the first place.
    Close to the Lower Mainland and Fraser valley by the Coq. Just have good winter tires on.
    Most hunters up here that I know are road hunters and quit hunting in November, roads get slippery with ice and snow cover.
    --That's when the trophy hunters for mule bucks come out! In Nov and Dec so they can track a monster track, step for step and look ahead.
    The Peak?
    Jello -- rut is coming soon for moose so let's figure this out?

Oct 7 moose, November 14 mulie bucks