Thread: 5-2 Moose draw

5-2 Moose draw

My son and I got our moose draw in The Mclease area, going up for the first of October.
    Has anyone been in there, has the fires hit that area (around Howes Lake)?
    I have not been up there in a few years, last draw I got was 8 years ago. How is the Moose and deer populations been?
    This is my sons first year of hunting and we get our Moose draw together, how perfect is that.

Thanks for any help given.

John

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 5-2 Moose draw

John. .howes is good, your timing is exellent.
    Please send pm and I will call, im in Kamloops with my wife for cardiac tests for Susan..I will call after wed.
    Deer numbers are good in there too.
    Steven Rupp

There has been no fires in that area, but quite a bit of Fir beetle salvage over the last couple of years. Buy a whitetail tag as well, seems to be a pocket of them between the Soda Creek Corn fields / Blue Lake over to Big Lake. Good spot for deer, but Howes is almost at a dead end for roads, I believe they deactivated the road just past the end of the lake that turns and heads West. The road that hooks from Howes over to Tyee Lake and onto Beaver Valley can be a slimy mess in a rain, so be prepared.

XPEIER

Thankfor your help. Going to be up there from Sept 30 to O ct. 6. We usually camp at Howes but we decided to book a room at Tyee lake lodge. Going to be a relaxing trip.

Hmm some great trails near there..a couple of great valleys just north east of there.
    Srupp
    Will be very veryvery close by on saturday found 5 mulie deer in your neighborhood..lol
    Srr