Thread: iMapBC - PMBC - Questions

iMapBC - PMBC - Questions

Im sure there are a couple of iMapBC experts on hear.

Recently I noted that PMBC seem to offer better ownership information.

My question though is about "Crown Agency" That shows up in pink.

I noted that the area I go, it is fenced for cattle, "no hunting posted" However under tantalus there is no noted lease. Under PMBC the parcel is not yellow for private ownership, but does come up pink for "Crown Agency" ownership.

I'm wanting to hunt legally, and wondering if this is someone with a licence, that is taking their rights to far?

Thanks!
    Last edited by howa1500; 09-11-2018 at 07:36 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: iMapBC - PMBC - Questions

Thats Awesome, thanks for that.

But what is the Pink Crown Agency?

If someone holds a Crown Land Lease for Grazing in the area you are required to ask for their permission from the leaseholder to access the land (even though it is Crown).
    If you add the Tantalis Crown Tenures layer it will tell you whether or not an active Grazing Lease is present.

This link tells you the different ownership codes: https://help.ltsa.ca/parcelmap-bc/ow...s-parcelmap-bc
    Last edited by Van-Isle; 09-10-2018 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Van-Isle View Post
    If someone holds a Crown Land Lease for Grazing in the area you are required to ask for their permission from the leaseholder to access the land (even though it is Crown).
    If you add the Tantalis Crown Tenures layer it will tell you whether or not an active Grazing Lease is present.

This link tells you the different ownership codes: https://help.ltsa.ca/parcelmap-bc/ow...s-parcelmap-bc
    Thank you, I am well aware of Lease vs licence rights, and my issue more revolves around parcels that are NOT marked as leases, but are showing Pinkish under the Crown Agency Parcel. This also happens to be an area marked no hunting, and I am confused, as by it being Crown Agency, that should mean crown land?

It may be that the Crown pink is surveyed Crown Land, so all crown land does not show in pink, just the portions that have been surveyed at some point.

That is what I see when I use IMap for work, but I have the secured gov edition.

XPEIR

You could always see if there is a PID attached to the parcel you are interested in and search for the title on myLTSA.

Quote Originally Posted by XPEIer View Post
    It may be that the Crown pink is surveyed Crown Land, so all crown land does not show in pink, just the portions that have been surveyed at some point.

That is what I see when I use IMap for work, but I have the secured gov edition.

XPEIR
    Thanks, this was my belief, just found it interesting.