Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Region 3 mules kamloops area?

Region 3 mules kamloops area?

Hey I'm headed to kamloops area in oct for mules and was wondering if anyone could give me some info on the area? This will be my first mule hunt in region 3. I would love all the help I can get on the area.

Cheers Mike

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Region 3 mules kamloops area?

Well you will need to work hard to find them, i find this year is the lowest amount of deer i am seeing other than when i find where they are bedding. Lots more wolves and predators around. In 10 years id say lowest doe count i have seen this time a year, but we still got one in the freezer already. I would say Tunkwa lake area has the best chance, whities and mules
    Kamloops cabins for rent!
    www.bclakefronts.com

Check out some amazing pictures on my Facebook of trophy fish and game:
    www.facebook.com/bclakefronts
    What about YOUTUBE, Check my video on how to make a Euro mount:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CanadianCade

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Just search Kamloops Deer Hunting on HBC and there's more info than you'll be able to digest on the Kamloops area by the time Oct rolls around.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Or get a translator and ask Jelvis
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by BigfishCanada View Post
    Well you will need to work hard to find them, i find this year is the lowest amount of deer i am seeing other than when i find where they are bedding. Lots more wolves and predators around. In 10 years id say lowest doe count i have seen this time a year, but we still got one in the freezer already. I would say Tunkwa lake area has the best chance, whities and mules
    I'll second that.. strange season, mind you I've only seen the last 3 seasons, this is lowest by far.. maybe it's time to rethink all the mule deer doe draws.

I thought of Jelvis right away too.
    I was out for an afternoon..
    saw 10 or more grouse, a bear, 2 different groups of deer ( 8 total?) and a coyote. All between 13:00 and 18:00
    Didnt see a WT though.. thats what I was looking for.
    Last edited by hoochie; 09-09-2018 at 11:42 AM.
    Get it on the ground, that's when the work starts

hmmm, I seen the most I have in years?
    Counted 30 (not the same ones, honestly) in a 6hr period walking from one corner at the bottom of a hillside to the top of the
    other end!
    Actually saw no wolf sign this past season s compared to the last 5 or so where I did.
    I think the wolves are around, but, they move around, and if so, and you see wolf sign, chances are you will probably see lower counts of deer, imo.
    Then you throw in the fire last year, and well, maybe that "helped my count" as I may have hit the "pocket" they went to because of the fire??….who knows, but last season was one of my best counts for me, just sayin.

I would have to agree with Bugle M In last year I thought numbers were down and this year we have 2 in the freezer already and in the 3 times I have been out big numbers compared to last year and plenty of fawns . One fair example went out Friday evening with the bow and saw 27 deer 7 of those were bucks and 3 sets of twins with only a few dry Does.

Liveforthehunt -- good report also, I'm thinking you got a good set of eyes there hunter! You know what and where to look for it, and the time too.
    Jelly -- X post by Liveforthehunt folks! Let's hear it!

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Or get a translator and ask Jelvis
    Haha! God dang. Spot on sir.