Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My recent letter to the BCWF

My recent letter to the BCWF

This is my recent letter to the BCWF: just let me know if I have any misinformation here people..

Dear BCWF:

I know that the Federation is first and foremost, a wildlife conservation organization, but in my opinion, more needs to be done by the BCWF to stand up for resident hunter rights. Without the resident hunter, I am speculating that the BCWF would not exist.

The recent letter released on the news updates page on the BCWF webpage regarding LEH closures in the Chilcotin, as well as the letter sent to premier John Horgan on Aug 27th regarding the concern of illegal roadblocks being set up by the Tahltan Central Government during the legal hunting season, were good. However, I did not find any press releases by the BCWF standing up for hunters, and giving the actual facts about how resident hunting has not had a detrimental effect on any of the aforementioned wildlife issues, in any of the mainstream news feeds in this province.

So can the BCWF start giving out the actual facts, and start standing up for the actual backbone supporters of the BCWF, or are we going to have to make a new organization that will readily stand up for resident hunters in this province?

Sincerely,

, resident hunter

2. Site Sponsor

Re: My recent letter to the BCWF

Thank you for your letter and making us forgotten resident hunters not so forgotten. BCWF does a lot for us, but i believe your points our correct and we should see more at a time like this.

I concur. A very important fact

Well put.
    I have heard roumors that alot of bcwf members are dropping their memberships because of the partening bcwf has taken with the rainforest or raincoast group whatever their name is. They are a huge anti hunting group. I am worried that the bcwf is just saying what they need to, to try and keep memberships , but not backing or fighting for us as they should be. I haven't yet looked into it as everything comes down to more money out of our pockets, but I heard SCI Canada is speaking out more for us than bcwf has been lately. Something I'm still looking into and if SCI Canada is doing more and voicing more for resident hunters I too will be switching memberships.

Quote Originally Posted by TravisC View Post
    Well put.
    I have heard roumors that alot of bcwf members are dropping their memberships because of the partening bcwf has taken with the rainforest or raincoast group whatever their name is. They are a huge anti hunting group. I am worried that the bcwf is just saying what they need to, to try and keep memberships , but not backing or fighting for us as they should be. I haven't yet looked into it as everything comes down to more money out of our pockets, but I heard SCI Canada is speaking out more for us than bcwf has been lately. Something I'm still looking into and if SCI Canada is doing more and voicing more for resident hunters I too will be switching memberships.
    There is also SCI west coast which is a B.C. chapter

I understand the OP trying to reach out to the BCWF but I would say it’s beyond time hunters look for a hunting organization to be their voice and leave the BCWF be a wildlife conservation group

SCI interesting, any members here that can comment on their stance on this particular issue

^^^^i too would love to learn more about SCI Canada, if they have the kahunas to stand up for our rights, then that's who we need to start backing up, and communicate to them that the time is now for them to be vocal on our behalf....if these actions were done by such an organization, myself and many others would have their back, and wouldn't have to worry about creating a new organization...

Thanks for the responses everyone....

https://www.sciwestcoast.org/

im going to look into joining.....

I agree that resident hunters need a strong voice, but so does wildlife. If you guys want to throw your weight behind another organization then that is great! This does not mean you need to cease being a member of the BCWF. I'm a member of multiple organizations. Each one is for slightly different reasons. One should not forsake BCWF because it doesn't stand for everything that you feel is right. It is difficult for one organization to do it all.
    "A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children." John James Audubon

Quote Originally Posted by Greenthumbed View Post
    I agree that resident hunters need a strong voice, but so does wildlife. If you guys want to throw your weight behind another organization then that is great! This does not mean you need to cease being a member of the BCWF. I'm a member of multiple organizations. Each one is for slightly different reasons. One should not forsake BCWF because it doesn't stand for everything that you feel is right. It is difficult for one organization to do it all.
    You are correct there is nothing wrong with supporting multiple organizations you believe in