Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: FN issues Repost

Re: FN issues Repost

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    My bad:my apology to the BCWF...

http://bcwf.net/index.php/new-items-...3/news-updates

Looks like the BCWF is issuing some letters in order to stand up for our rights...however, I believe they still need to be more vocal....have they issued these recent letters to the Province or any other mainstream news Feeds??
    That one letter is interesting ..... considering that 3 Guide outfitters in the area that burnt completely cancelled their season.
    That contradicts the BS that was being peddled to Horgan.
    In my opinion there’s a lot of country up there that wasn’t close to the fires and hunting should carry on.
    Some of the highly impacted areas need to be closed.
    No one that has not seen it can make that call.

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    That one letter is interesting ..... considering that 3 Guide outfitters in the area that burnt completely cancelled their season.
    That contradicts the BS that was being peddled to Horgan.
    In my opinion there’s a lot of country up there that wasn’t close to the fires and hunting should carry on.
    Some of the highly impacted areas need to be closed.
    No one that has not seen it can make that call.
    Your probably right in the fact, if you haven't seen it, you can't make the call etc.
    I won't debate that.
    The issue I think in regards to this thread is:
    Who is going to make the call?
    How much of what the FN say is correct, like your thoughts?
    And, how much is an "over reach by FN"?
    What gives FN the right to say what Non FN can do?
    Who gives them the right to blockade us (are we now governed by them)?
    That they are not asking "ALL" their members to stop as well, but are "telling" the rest of us that "we have to stop".
    Who is to "enforce them??, they themselves???
    Which leads to, for the rest of us, "we seriously doubt there would be any consequences" for those of them that do hunt on,
    as compared as to what happens to the rest of us etc.
    Why can they go into other areas, also which have been hit by fire, with motor vehicles, yet we cant?

That's the issue here.
    Those are some big issues my friend thru out the province right now.
    It's about them "blocking roads" illegally, without recourse or repercussions.

They are taking things into their own hands, with large claims about their opinions/rights.
    And many here are ready to do the same in "our way" as well now.
    Not a good place to be in.
    And those in charge better get this straightened out quick, and most importantly, better make sure it is fair/equal to everyone.

Then we my friend can discuss what should be closed or not.
    I am with you there, but this is a separate issue, a "big one" for you and me and everyone else not FN for today and years to come.
    That's what we are mad as hell about.

We are not discussing whether the area should be closed, we are asking:
    "Who the hell is actually in Charge Anymore"???

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post

We are not discussing whether the area should be closed, we are asking:
    "Who the hell is actually in Charge Anymore"???
    So far nothing more is closed...hopefully the closures stay within evacuation order areas and maybe a few small localized areas of traditional FN hunting value.
    Thats the message some of us are going with.
    It sure as hell isnt the message that the gloves are off as some want to throw out.

Thanks everyone some great responses and so far pretty respectful and it would seem we all agree in general.
    For me I am distrustful that this only about moose, I think its more about power and revenge,it sure would be nice if I was wrong.
    I am all for closing area,s directly impacted by fires, I have no desire to stomp around in a burned landscape but the area,s they claim are so big its way over reaching.
    I have no problem putting up some money, I am not wealthy by any stretch but could throw a couple hundred bucks in the hat to start and if there is a yearly membership I am in for that as well.
    I know decisions made by both Trudeau's (God help us ) and United Nations have mostly doomed us,but hopefully we slow the train wreck down
    Last edited by LYKTOHUNT; 09-08-2018 at 04:17 PM.

All well said.
    There is a power vacuum with the authorities sitting around doing nothing and the FN's are flexing to see how far they can push it.

If I really thought the moose were in danger and everyone in the province was banned for - as many years it would take - I would gladly tear up my LEH.

Someone mentioned UNDRIP and the effect this United Nations Declaration could have on Canada with respect to Indigenous peoples rights and freedoms within this country. If Trudeau goes ahead and gives full approval to this declaration it will be a game changer with respect to the rights and powers it will give to first nations people especially with respect to hunting and fishing in this country. For instance here is article 32 from the declaration:

Article 32
    1. Indigenous peoples have the right to determine and
    develop priorities and strategies for the development or
    use of their lands or territories and other resources.
    2. States shall consult and cooperate in good faith with
    the indigenous peoples concerned through their own
    representative institutions in order to obtain their free
    and informed consent prior to the approval of any project
    affecting their lands or territories and other resources,
    particularly in connection with the development,
    utilization or exploitation of mineral, water or other
    resources.
    3. States shall provide effective mechanisms for
    just and fair redress for any such activities, and
    appropriate measures shall be taken to mitigate adverse
    environmental, economic, social, cultural or spiritual
    impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Island Roo View Post
    All well said.
    There is a power vacuum with the authorities sitting around doing nothing and the FN's are flexing to see how far they can push it.

If I really thought the moose were in danger and everyone in the province was banned for - as many years it would take - I would gladly tear up my LEH.
    I'd be happy as hell if I could get a moose LEH in the areas the FNs have in that map, have gotten lucky twice since 1982. From my standpoint I'd support getting rid of all leh moose tags, then all licensed resident hunters would be on the same level and we wouldn't run into camps of LML hunters where everyone in camp has a draw. PS...and cut back the 25% allocations that are gifted to the outfitters, it's obscene.

Quote Originally Posted by northof49 View Post
    The Fed Libs and Prov NDP are accelerating the problems. Get out and vote them out. That is the first step towards a solution....or at least slowing down this madness.
    It would appear that way but the issue has been brewing for decades, previous governments just skated by. Then the recent Supreme Court decisions on rights and land claims is what really brought things to where we are today.
    Politicians can actually just shrug and carry out the orders, no will has to go into the

So one can argue all day as to whether the Courts get directives from some political party, or left- or right- wing nut bars
    or suggest the courts are infiltrated or stacked with apologists from on wing or the other
    the fact remains they hold the trump cards and it didn't happen because of the last election
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Others are asking if and how they can grow a ground swell of support against indigenous groups taking control of BC and its economy
    Going beyond the hunters in the province, take a look at who else is in the fray

Big business should be concerned, but much of that is foreign owned and fluid in where it does business
    Eventually , maybe, these players wil be able to work with the new governing body, time will see how that plays out

So that leaves small business and property owners and others that enjoy BC
    What percentage of citizens of BC are multi-generational and have roots strong enough to fight over?
    How many have a local heritage they want preserved ?

With the vast majority (70% ?? 80%?? ) living in the LML and south V.I., fortunately most are happy to stay close to home
    while others look to the rest of BC for recreation including hunting and angling

Then there is the number that will be negatively impacted by changes
    Some way has to be found to build a cause and a united voice in that group

Just my observations, certainly not from a brainiac or a rocket surgeon
    Last edited by boxhitch; 09-09-2018 at 06:39 AM. Reason: more like 60%. 3.1+- of 4.8 total
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by PressurePoint View Post
    In the world of hyper liberalism, if a person takes any position other than supporting the cause you are a racist....
    call me whatever you want, but enough is enough. I'm tired of watching our opportunities being eroded for other special needs and fulfilling a political agenda. I was born in this country and in this province just like them.