Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FN issues Repost

Re: FN issues Repost

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    Time for ALL to take a stand now.
    Our forfathers have contibuted greatly to this country and deserve every opportunity to legally hunt and harvest that FN do.
    Just think of what FN wouldn't have if it wasnt for whitey.
    They will never stop wanting it all.
    Stand up for yourselves.
    You are exactly right here^^^^^ the same can be said of the black man in the USA, if it were not for the infastructure that whitey built here in North America and elsewhere, "those" wouldn't have it so good. Sure it could be improved upon but so far it hasn't been by any other "peeps". Wait for it..........we pay for it too, we are funding the teardown of this province.
    I do hope a riff develops within the FN communities, those who want to move forward with their communities,,, and those who dont, because I know for a fact that many FN citizens dont want any confrontation and its the leadership that needs to have their wings clipped.

Lotta crooks in the high ups when they join togedder to shaft the public. Nuttin yah can do about it honey!
    -- we vote em in we can't vote em out!
    Jello -- Polly Tish Inns -- Hafta Shaft yah --

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    The new world order for BC will kill any kind of foreign investment and soon resource extraction will be crippled

The road BC is on will soon lead to an almost sovereign state similar to how Quebec is handled, with its own laws and signs
    BC history is being re-written with the renaming of peaks parks and rivers
    Taxpayers will still be welcome, just the taxes will go to our new BC gov't
    If we lose even another 25% of our resource industry our province will be in a dire state. people will start to revolt if it gets to a point. When you have nothing to loose, why follow the rules set out for you. If they (government) keeps taking away from the majority, soon it will be the majority not following the rules.

If we all just sit on our a$$es and post on a hunting forum nothing will happen.
    It is useful for us to post and discuss how we will handle confrontations at a roadblock but we need a coordinated response.

I don't have all the answers but we are losing our rights, our land, our values.

This is going down a sad and dangerous road. Look at other examples in history where minorities are given special privileges. It does not end well.

Rules / laws / courts / governments can change. Do it now peacefully or wait for something worse.

The FNs have a coordinate response. We don't - yet.

Listen people this isn't just BC, I saw on world finance experts of the world predict 18 years from now -- world financial market crash completely world wide
    -------------2036 bye bye world financial structure collapses -- so it isn't just here it's world wide -- same thing a feeling on the unknown creeping in.
    Jel

Island Roo, it looks coordinated, but remember, they have the money to make it coordinated, resident hunters dont have the kind of money for any protracted war of words with the intent of gaining the support of a largely ignorant public. Its going to get ugly and the province has a duty to its citizens to keep the peace.

Add me to the list of people worried and frustrated about the future.

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    Island Roo, it looks coordinated, but remember, they have the money to make it coordinated, resident hunters dont have the kind of money for any protracted war of words with the intent of gaining the support of a largely ignorant public. Its going to get ugly and the province has a duty to its citizens to keep the peace.
    I agree about the public being ignorant. That ignorance needs to change - the truth needs to told. Occasionally, there is some news about progress about treaties. Most people say - Oh thats nice, the FNs need to be treated fairly (like the rest of us). But most people have no idea what the real consequences are.

I made a couple of suggestions earlier about funding and organization. I think they are both areas that could be explored. Lets hear some more ideas to take this to the next level.

If you have a draw, maybe try and hook up with others with the same draw when entering an area. Discuss where you are hunting and know who is around. Strength in numbers. Don't have to hunt the same area but if there are only one or two roads into a zone, it may be beneficial to go through in numbers. If anyone has a 5-14 draw late give me a shout.

If nothing else, education and funding could keep the FN's confined to the damage that has been done.
    They are currently reaching for much more (at least as I understand it).

To be honest - I don't even know exactly what that means. I still need to educate myself. An honest un-biased information web site would be useful. That would probably be useful for most us on this site but also for the general public.