Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: FN issues Repost

Re: FN issues Repost

Quote Originally Posted by Kb3 View Post
    I agree with this post, I don't post much on here but I read most posts and as a father I am very worried about what my children will be left with when they grow up and try to access the outdoors. I have lived all over Canada, in big cities and small, up north and down south, and I am very concerned with the direction that we are going. Pandering to a bunch of whining liberals that generally have absolutely no idea what they are talking about. Look at the recent grizzly bear hunt as an example. Voted by and approved by a few thousand in the lower mainland that have never even seen a bear before except on TV. Crack heads setting up tents everywhere in larger cities, raping, stealing and selling drugs but police do nothing except harass the same tax payers that pay their salaries for going 10km over the speed limit. The double standards and hypocrisies that exist in Canada make me sick. FN are another huge issue and I don't see it getting better any time soon. It seems like this country is built on double standards. I am taxed to death to pay for crackhead and 'natives' to sit on their ass and cry for more handouts. Our prime minister is a pussy that apologizes to anyone and anything with a pulse. I love my country but I am honestly so frustrated and feel trapped. Not sure what to do. Oh, and don't look at 10 year employment rates for immigrants to Canada unless you want to raise your blood pressure a few more points. The hard workers are taxed to pay for the lazy.
    Kb3 I think what we don't realize is that we share the same concerns regardless of the color of our skin. We are all human beings who live in the same plot of land in general. However, most of us fail to see a common problem and a common denominator in all of this. Ultimately, the Government dictates EVERYTHING that happens to us. What rules we follow etc. etc. etc. What we do to people and what we do different if your skin is a different color. BUT, we go and blame the people who have been following these rules since the beginning and condemn them for wanting what they had before contact. This includes holding value to mother earth and all that she provides and valuing it more then MONEY. A very different concept that a lot of people do not understand. Hence the differences and arguments that I have heard over the years on this site.
    The FN people are in a "rebuild" or "healing" stage after the residential school/60's scoop era's devastating effect on their way of life. We are like all other people in that there are bad apples in the bunch and these are the one's that are pointed out continuously. The good ones are never mentioned. I mean never.
    I would like my kids to grow up in a world where there is no hatred, no biases, no greed, etc. WE need to lead by example and not act like a bunch of kids ourselves. We need to learn from our mistakes and not repeat them.
    There is enough room in this country for all of us to live in harmony but we have to be willing to work together. I do not see a lot of that on this site. Most of my friends are non FN and they share the same values and ethics as I do.
    Educating ourselves is key as well as having empathy for fellow "human beings" no matter what color their skin is. My kids know no difference in people just because the color of their skin and I would hope the rest of you teach your kids the same thing. If not, I see problems down the road for them, unfortunately.

Jaeger, good points. To clarify, I have a problem with my tax dollars being spent bringing unskilled immigrants to Canada. We spend millions of dollars every year to grow our population through immigration, yet IVF is not covered through medical services. Why doesn't Canada support its current citizens?
    My lineage is European, I understand that immigration is necessary but can we not be more selective? I have family members who are RCMP as well as border services, do you have any idea how much the boat that brought the Sri Lankan's to Vancouver cost Canadians? Do you know how many were convicts in their own countries? Now we have unregulated boarders in Ontario with unskilled workers coming in every day. My issue is with our government that needs to grow a spine and tell people no sometimes.

Edgar, well said and I agree, the color of your skin should be irrelevant. What is relevant is how you act, what your morals and values are, are you honest, how you conduct yourself. These traits are important to all people regardless of race. If FN are concerned with the earth and animals on it then why don't they stop harvesting animals with low numbers or animals that have been hit hard by fires? Or stop fishing when they know the fish stocks are critically low? I have no issues with anyone hunting or fishing, I just wish that the same rules applied to everyone and if you break the rules you are punished. We are one country with different rules for different people, this creates resentment. If one group is given preferential treatment (FN) over all other groups (white, black, Spanish, Asian, ect) this causes resentment and is called racism. Essentially when it come to mammals and fish FN are racist to all other groups in Canada. I am a status Metis btw.

the views you've all stated is shared by every hunter / fisherman i know. this is all going to blow up soon. i know if i hunted an area and the FN tried stopping me , someone would get hurt. i recommend if anyone has an altercation , to video it because the FN seem to be untouchable. we need someone with legal and political experience to head a group to voice our concerns and educate the non hunting/fishing public about the trillions of $$$ the canadian people dole out to the FN.

here is an article i cam across:

This Calgary Sun article tells some staggering truths and historical facts
    If you were wondering why aboriginals always want an inquiry into anything
    and everything they can dream up. Just think of free hotel stays, free food
    and incidentals, not to mention the bar fridge that gets stocked up every day
    in their rooms.
    This Calgary Sun article tells some staggering truths and historical facts.
    I hope you are open-minded enough to make an objective read.
    I will add one interesting fact - since 1946 the Canadian Government has spent
    $3,300,000,000.00 That is 3.3 TRILLION on Indian Affairs with NO RETURN
    on the investment.

Should be reading material for ALL Canadians. This article is absolutely correct.
    Some very interesting statistics for each individual to consider but anyone with
    a background knows this to be true already! The fact is that the bleeding hearts
    and vote mongering Politicians don't want the general public to know this,,,
    so let's spread it around!!
    Judging from an article in The Calgary Sunentitled "Enough is Enough", a National
    Enquiry into missing and murdered aboriginal women is NOT what needs to be done
    and Harper was right in not pursuing this time wasting expensive suggestion
    supported by both the NDP and Liberals. Chief Ronald Morin of the Enoch band
    west of Edmonton is paid $750,000.00 per year by the federal government (YOU).
    He spends winters at his winter home in Las Vegas, 4 car garage & swimming pool.
    Not all the people in his band live like kings. Every Chief of an Indian Band in Canada
    makes more than our Prime Minister. Harper brought in the "Accountability Act" so
    that these Chiefs would have to tell their band members and the rest of us where
    the money was being spent. It is the taxpayers' money and we have the right to
    know where all this money is going. One of Trudeau's first acts as Prime Minister
    was to throw out the "Accountability Act" If you were paying attention at all and
    did your research you would understand this tragedy, the real issues and what
    needs to be done to address them.
    Some statistics:

• According to the RCMP: Out of 6,420 missing persons in Canada 1,455
    • are women, of those 164 are aboriginal.
    • 88% of murders of aboriginal women have been solved by police
    • 89% of murders of non-aboriginal women have been solved by police
    • Between 1980 and 2012 there were 20,313 murders in Canada.
    • 6,551 of those victims were women and 1,017 of those were aboriginal women.

Here's where it gets even more interesting:

• Almost 30% of the 1,017 aboriginal women were murdered by their husbands.
    • 23% were murdered by another family member.
    • 30% were murdered by an acquaintance.
    • So, only about 8% of aboriginal women were murdered by strangers.

More statistics:

• 44% of the family members and acquaintances who kill aboriginal women were drunk
    • 74% of the murderers of aboriginal women are unemployed.

AND NOW THE MOST SHOCKING:

• 71% of the murderers of aboriginal women already had a criminal record.
    • 53% had been convicted before of a violent crime;
    • 62% had a history of violence with the specific murder victim herself..

To be clear, there are some Chiefs and aboriginal communities in this country
    that are doing well, for various reasons, but much of it has to do with their leadership.
    Chief Clarence Louie of the Osoyoos Indian Band is an excellent example of quality
    leadership, but no one (especially the media & government) ever talk about him and
    his people.
    Here are the REAL issues:
    1. Welfare. The billions of tax payer dollars that go to support aboriginal people,
    not only in living expenses but free education, free medical, no taxation, etc. has
    crippled them (as it has crippled many non-aboriginal Canadians for generations)..
    I would venture to say many of them have not worked a day in their lives.
    2. Corrupt leadership who have no idea how to lead, manage, inspire or teach
    their people .... who take for themselves and their families and friends and are not
    accountable to anyone (as evidenced most strongly by Chief Theresa Spence in
    Attawapiskat.) and blame, blame, blame the Canadian Government.
    3. Alcohol and drug abuse, gang violence .... all contributing factors in the crime
    rate on reserves, lack of parenting, family violence and poverty.
    4. A two-tiered justice system that gives aboriginal offenders lighter sentences,
    or no sentences at all, allowing them back into their communities to continue to
    abuse the same aboriginal women again and again .... often resulting in death
    (as evidenced by the 83% who were murdered by their husbands, a family member
    or an acquaintance). If you want a National enquiry .... it should be on this issue..
    When you say "It is inconceivable that we, as a country, allowed this situation to
    continue" .... and "We urgently need to acknowledge the systemic aspect of this
    crisis instead of ignoring or dismissing it." What are your intended solutions?
    A National enquiry is not going to fix these problems!
    Giving the aboriginals more of hard earned Canadian taxpayer dollars is NOT
    going to fix this problem! WHAT ARE YOUR REAL SOLUTIONS TO THE REAL ISSUES?
    Let's get this straight.
    This land does not belong to them and they never were a 'Nation'.
    These people's ancestors did not just appear in North America, magically
    out of thin air one day 40 or 50,000 years ago. They came in waves across the
    land/ice bridge from Asia. What's more, these waves, in many cases, were
    not related groups of people. They came from various places around North
    Eastern Asia and were from different genetic strains. In other words, the
    "natives of North America " are not a homogenous group of people and more
    importantly..they are immigrants too. Like millions of immigrants today.
    The idea that the "natives" were peaceful caretakers of the land or benevolent
    tenants couldn't be further from the truth. The various tribes right across Canada
    warred on each other constantly. They were violent. Want proof? Ask the Hurons ...
    oh, that's right you can't. The Iroquois' wiped them out.
    How about slavery that was rife among all the first nation tribes until the Europeans
    came and freed the slaves and put an end to this "valued cultural tradition".
    Is slavery peaceful and humane?
    The idea that we "stole" this land from them is also ridiculous. A more
    technologically advanced and numerous culture invaded and conquered.
    This is exactly what has been happening since the dawn of humanity all
    around the globe. To say we "stole" their lands is just plain wrong. That is
    akin to saying the Saxons should return England to the Angles. Or maybe
    we should launch a campaign to have the Roman descendants give Italy
    back to the Etruscans. It is a nonsensical notion driven by the politically
    correct bleeding hearts, some intellectually deficient politicians and pressure
    on the Government from lobbying groups. Also by the Indian people. It will
    continue to cost this country needless and wasted trillions until we get some
    backbone and turn off the taps.
    Are these people in trouble? Yes.
    Do they need help? Yes.
    Are they responsible enough to look after themselves and efficiently spend the
    billions that tax payers give them? CERTAINLY NOT
    The only way to fix this situation is to bring them into society as equals. Getting
    jobs and paying taxes like the rest of us because in reality, they are no more
    special than any of the other numerous cultures that now call Canada home.

That's 3.3 billion not trillion, unless 3 zeros were missed.. A lot of cash anyhow
    Last edited by tinhorse; 09-13-2018 at 06:44 AM.

If there is any bloodshed it will be on the hands of the leadership of the of the FN in this province. There is no way any of these bands are acting uni-laterally and are taking direction and confidence from the top. The leadership will be at home snuggled in their beds while the shyte go's down out in the bush.

You NAILED IT!

As well as the law firms that are getting rich from this

**** the united nations, therein lies the real head of the snake.