Thread: Any info on the fire in Fort st. James-Dolphine lake area 7-26 ?

Any info on the fire in Fort st. James-Dolphine lake area 7-26 ?

Hi to all fellow hunters, My son and I had a moose draw for 7-26 4 years ago and didnt have much luck due to getting there to early and to hot,Due to a logging accident I had trouble getting around in the bush at the time. But here we are 4 years later and we got the draw again for 7-26 and I am ready for the hunt as a disabled hunter but more determined than ever to keep up with my son as I am 66 and roarin to go.I am so excited that I have gone through my list a dozen times and have already loaded the truck, he keeps telling me to slow it down as we don't leave till Sept. 26 from the Island. So any info on the area such as the fire? How to hunt the area? and is it a good time for the rut? Thanks to all in advance for any info as I have given my advice for hunting on the Island to a few members.Cheers and straight shooting.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Any info on the fire in Fort st. James-Dolphine lake area 7-26 ?

Shovel lake fire is contained but there is still an area restriction southwest of for St James. I am no good with computers but it you google shovel lake fire restricted area there is a map. Restrictions maybe lifted Sept 15 or they could be extended

Thanks for the info Wild one. Much apreciated Looking at it shovel lake is a different fire, the one I am talking about is at Dolphine lake and Maid lake close to Azana lake I believe. thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckerb View Post
    Thanks for the info Wild one. Much apreciated Looking at it shovel lake is a different fire, the one I am talking about is at Dolphine lake and Maid lake close to Azana lake I believe. thanks again.
    So many fires this year around here hard to keep track of them all lol

Shovel is south of The Fort, Tezzeron fire is the one he is looking for info on.

Chuckerb, send me a Pm and I will try to help you.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

PM sent Any info would be great. Thanks .