Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: B.C. First Nations ban moose hunt after wildfires destroy habitats

Re: B.C. First Nations ban moose hunt after wildfires destroy habitats

It’s time to start taking pictures of any FN abuse of good conservation practices and posting them online so the general public can see how these self described “stewards of the land” treat game animals. There are enough of us out there and with smartphones we basically all have a handy way to get photographic evidence....
    --------------------------------------------
    "If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting." Aristotle
    --------------------------------------------
    United Bowhunters of BC (Lifer)
    Backcountry Horsemen of BC.

Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    And how are they going to enforce this ban? Blockades at gun point?
    In a word, yes.
    Scars Are like Tattoos but With Better Stories

If, an indian points a gun at me, have had my tower shot at by some in AB, years ago, I WILL shoot back, no question.

Don't want to go hunting with thee intent in heart of being confrontational, this wood not be wise in anyway, Your trying to enjoy your hunt and see the Outdoors, not end up in Matsqui cell.
    Jel -- think first b4 you go out, if I see someone who try's to block me on a fsr, I will turn around b4 I get to the block so I don't need to confront these strangers?
    ----------------Just like lots of things you can choose to do, you can drive by the Bar, you don't have to go in every bar you drive by?
    Last edited by Jelvis; 09-07-2018 at 07:32 AM.

The nation has now signed a memorandum of understanding with the conservation officer service aimed at preserving the population in its traditional lands, which lie between Quesnel and Williams Lake, B.C.
    Conservation officers will now be able to enforce the community's restriction that prohibits the harvesting of cow moose for ?Esdilagh First Nation membership inside their traditional territory.
    "There is going to be a penalty," said Stump, adding that it's yet to be decided what the penalties will be.
    "Our people have spoken and they want us to go through with this."

am i reading this right they gave the COs permission to enfore FN band members from shooting cows?

In the end, it’s going to be the nation picking up the pieces from the fallout of B.C.’s mismanagement of moose,” Alphonse said. “We welcome all other First Nations to join us in this effort.”
    The announcement comes a week after the government announced closures and restrictions to several limited-entry moose hunts in the Chilcotin this fall.

so the FN say in the article that the bc government has done nothing. but than it says that the announcement comes after the bc government put leh restrictions out.give the FN a inch they take a mile.Now knowing we have a no backbone government they are thinking hey lets just ban the whole moose hunting.Sad thing is i slowly see where this is going and am scared my son will have no hunting rights at all.

Personally, I think the First Nations claims that they are banning moose hunting out of concern for dwindling moose populations is disingenuous. If they were really so concerned, they would have stopped slaughtering pregnant cow moose years ago. But they haven’t.

I think this is all about their resentment towards white hunters.
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

=-ll----> "Alphonse basically gave the C.O.s permission to patrol his monster territory and look for poachers of moose. By the sounds of it."
    Jel -- Alphonse is one guy you don't mess with by the looks of it! His relations also Willy Alphonse Jr. is a heroe to many Indians in BC interior.
    ------------ Someone with computer skills can put on thee Willy Alphonse Jr. case on this thread and it will clear a lot of assumptions up real fast like.
    No one willy do it tho, tells the whole story right to the and including the last page? You willy see clearly after reading the final conclusion.
    ----------- People that stand up for the weak are my heroes -- people that take a stand -- dig in, start throwin -- ------------------------------
    Last edited by Jelvis; 09-07-2018 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Willy a hero Ali Fons - stood up, raised his hand, crossed the Rio Grand!

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    =-ll----> "Alphonse basically gave the C.O.s permission to patrol his monster territory and look for poachers of moose. By the sounds of it."
    Jel -- Alphonse is one guy you don't mess with by the looks of it! His relations also Willy Alphonse Jr. is a heroe to many Indians in BC interior.
    ------------ Someone with computer skills can put on thee Willy Alphonse Jr. case on this thread and it will clear a lot of assumptions up real fast like.
    No one willy do it tho, tells the whole story right to the and including the last page? You willy see clearly after reading the final conclusion.
    ----------- People that stand up for the weak are my heroes -- people that take a stand -- dig in, start throwin -- ------------------------------
    Well it's a tough sell to the non-indigenous hunter who's hunting opportunities are already highly regulated by the LEH system, and who are hunting moose, a NON-TRADITIONAL food source for the Chiefs people. You are aware that moose only migrated into the Cariboo-Chilcotin about a century ago as a result of increased connectivity of suitable habitat created by non-indigenous forestry practices??
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

Same ol same ol stuff over and over about moose in the south, it's a controversial subject, some do some don't.
    -- weren't here b4 Eric the first white guy saw one
    -- Indians shot all of em
    same shit.
    Jel -- Alphonse willy change the atmosphere by the looks of it, he knows what's real and what's jist emotions passing by -- he lives there I don't.