Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: radios used on logging roads

Re: radios used on logging roads

Quote Originally Posted by kootenaihunter View Post
    Anybody have more details on the Baofeng models used?

I'm more looking for something to just monitor, would prefer not to transmit, but the option would be nice.
    Mine are the UV-82 models. Kit comes with charging stations and earpieces, and you can buy better antennas for them to extend the range a little for an extra $30-40. Or like I mentioned above, buy a magnetic truck mount antenna and use an adapter for the handheld when using in a vehicle, it works well.

Google or Youtube search and you'll find a ton of info on different models, the radios are very popular.

I also use the UV-82 and happy with them. I use CHIRP software (free) to program them.

I’m using the Baofeng UV-5R. Think I paid $90 for 2 radio’s. Upgraded from the stubby antenna
    that comes with the radio to the 16 inch whip, much better antenna. Just use the free CHIRP
    software to program them.
    "Life's a Bitch............ then ya Die"

Baofeng UV-5R for me too, great little radios especially when equipped with the ugraded aerial
    I have walked in the footstep's of elephants, heard lions roar and met the Cape buffalo on his own turf - I'm blessed to be born African - And proud to be a Canadian!

Can't remember which beofeng I have but it's the 8 watt model. A group of us bought them for sledding so we bought the longer antenna ( 16" ) and mics. The farthes I've been able to transmit so far is 18-20km. One of our friends programmed all the fsr channels, bc ambulance( can only listen to this channel ) main road, local bc search and rescue and a bunch more channels. So far they are an awesome radio.

I think they were $120 from eBay or amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by j270wsm View Post
    Can't remember which beofeng I have but it's the 8 watt model. A group of us bought them for sledding so we bought the longer antenna ( 16" ) and mics. The farthes I've been able to transmit so far is 18-20km. One of our friends programmed all the fsr channels, bc ambulance( can only listen to this channel ) main road, local bc search and rescue and a bunch more channels. So far they are an awesome radio.

I think they were $120 from eBay or amazon.
    Lol no big deal on listening to BC Ambulance..constantly hearing important information about " 348 Alpha.we will be 10.7 at Tango Hotel "..lol..
    Cheers
    Steven

I'm not sure why he programed that channel into the radios.

Most of the province has moved to standard resource road channels for forest service roads. Industry Canada has the frequencies here. RR channels are for on the road. LD channels are for loading/unloading yards.

I’m hunting north of Prince George 7-16A and was wondering if anyone knows the frequency I need to have programmed into my radio

I use a permanently mounted Icom in the truck, and a Icom handheld in the bush and on the quad, never failed me