Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Wild pigs in BC???

Re: Wild pigs in BC???

[QUOTE=kagia;2031864]What was his reasoning???[/QUOTE

I honestly can’t remember exactly. I wasn’t all that interested in shooting one anyway as they obviously belong with that property and convicted or not I don’t want the hassle of charges and angry land owners. You start shooting those pigs you’re going to have a confrontation on your hands.

The pigs obviously didn't evolve from dandelions so they have escaped from someones farm and are no longer under the farmers control. Now if that farmer can walk up his driveway or simply start calling for his pigs and they go running to him, then he can clearly show that he has control of his livestock. Before pulling the trigger on a pig, we, the hunters, need to be darn sure we and the pigs are on Crown land otherwise we're opining ourselves to a potentially ugly firearms related pig rustling charges. You remember how farmers dealt with cattle rustlers back in the day? Shoot a man's pig and you might be opening up your self to some backwoods justice if the farmer catches you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzae_SqbmDE

If at any time you hear dueling banjos while in the woods, slowly back away and get out of the area ASAP. Before pulling the trigger on a pig, take a moment to listen for banjos.

-- Those pigs got more than a road hunter to watch for hittin em with his or her Jeep Eh? ---- at night? Cougar, wolf, wild dogs, coyote, bobcat, black bear on and on
    Jel - bye bye piggy in a few nights -- look awful good for fryin up so bacon ala mode folks for a cougarrrrrrrr
    Last edited by Jelvis; 09-06-2018 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Bones n Crewcutz

Quote Originally Posted by cassiarkid View Post
    First of all, there is a difference between feral pigs and domestic pigs! The regulations are not talking about domestic pigs. I lived in NZ and hunted wild boar, and those pigs in the video, well there’s nothing wild about them. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see that! So go ahead and start shooting every barnyard animal that strays off a farmers field and see where that gets ya! Grab a brain!
    No, there isn't. They are both sus scrofa. Zero difference apart from appearance, and domestically have been proven to start morphing into "wild" pigs very quickly upon becoming feral.
    The whole concept of feral is a once domestic animal or population that has gone wild. Those pigs may be at an earlier point in the process, but it doesn't make them any less of a concern.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Starting to see why I hear negative stories about hunters from a lot of farmers in BC

Majority here seem to be looking for any reason to justify shooting these pigs with very limited info about the location.

Squamch folks, sets us all straight on sus scrofa, the kid was mixed up a bit! These pigs want to go wild again whoa ho, bedder stay with farmer John in his lil barn?

Like thee X's eh? ---- Get hitched and then whaaaaa?

Jelly Bo Deli -- all my axes live in taxes

Farmers choose who they let hunt elk, pigs and wad ever! I know people from Kamloops , thee Italian Stallion whose going to The Kootenay to hunt on his buddy's buddy's ranch, only him and his one buddy going to his ranch. Get's one every time, the rancher told em yesterday to come again, two big bulls and cows in his field eating his beefs grass
    Jelly -- Freddy Pender grass -- > His buddy phoned, call he wanted for the Koots -- 2 bulls -- big in field - and stays at the ranch also for hospy tell ah tea?
    Last edited by Jelvis; 09-06-2018 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Hello I'm Johnny Ca$h

I like how Steven said it: "Learn the rules, check your emotions.."

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    Farmers choose who they let hunt elk, pigs and wad ever! I know people from Kamloops , thee Italian Stallion whose going to The Kootenay to hunt on his buddy's buddy's ranch, only him and his one buddy going to his ranch. Get's one every time, the rancher told em yesterday to come again, two big bulls and cows in his field eating his beefs grass
    Jelly -- Freddy Pender grass -- > His buddy phoned, call he wanted for the Koots -- 2 bulls -- big in field - and stays at the ranch also for hospy tell ah tea?
    You are correct farmers allow and deny who they please. Many of the properties I hunt will no longer allow hunters outside of my group do to poor experiences with others. It does not effect myself when it comes to permission on properties I have permission on all ready but new places are getting tougher unless I have a reputation with someone they know

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Starting to see why I hear negative stories about hunters from a lot of farmers in BC

Majority here seem to be looking for any reason to justify shooting these pigs with very limited info about the location.
    Maybe some farmers can be a bit more responsible with their livestock instead of believing that all crown land is theirs to use as they wish...
    Regards,

Ltbullken
    Freelance Wildlife Population Manager
    Animals - If you can't eat 'em, wear 'em!