Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Wild pigs in BC???

Re: Wild pigs in BC???

Quote Originally Posted by cassiarkid View Post
    What’s with all this crap about shoot first ask questions later?? You people give hunters a bad name. I know if they were my pigs and someone shot them 200 yards away from my property, there would be hell to pay.
    Like some of the others said, do your due diligence and knock on some doors or make some phone calls, never mind the Rambo crap!
    Well they shouldn't be off your property. You can't set pigs free and ranch them free range style lol. They are a big problem across most of the states and they are always expanding.

These arent pets or cattle with a crown range lease.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpish View Post
    Well they shouldn't be off your property. You can't set pigs free and ranch them free range style lol. They are a big problem across most of the states and they are always expanding.

These arent pets or cattle with a crown range lease.
    Hmmj they are off your property..they are legal. Period.no closed seasons, no tags, no limits.lto prevent it from becoming an major problem...an incentive to act early.perfectly legal..
    Don't get your panties in a bunch..you could lose those hogs you let escape..and $$$$$ fined for interfering in a legal lawful hunt.
    Learn the rules, check your emotions..
    Steven

First of all, there is a difference between feral pigs and domestic pigs! The regulations are not talking about domestic pigs. I lived in NZ and hunted wild boar, and those pigs in the video, well there’s nothing wild about them. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see that! So go ahead and start shooting every barnyard animal that strays off a farmers field and see where that gets ya! Grab a brain!

I’m pretty sure I know where these pigs were filmed. Lots of folks have been in contact with the CO service about them and have been warned off shooting them. This includes me. I’m not positive about the legality but I do know that the local CO told me face to face it would be a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by cassiarkid View Post
    What’s with all this crap about shoot first ask questions later?? You people give hunters a bad name. I know if they were my pigs and someone shot them 200 yards away from my property, there would be hell to pay.
    Like some of the others said, do your due diligence and knock on some doors or make some phone calls, never mind the Rambo crap!
    Wouldn't hurt to knock on some doors but pigs getting loose is what gets you feral pigs. If you don't shoot the pigs you should report the incident and the farmer should be fined for not keeping that particular livestock contained due to the potential damage they can do to the environment.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Quote Originally Posted by butcher View Post
    I’m pretty sure I know where these pigs were filmed. Lots of folks have been in contact with the CO service about them and have been warned off shooting them. This includes me. I’m not positive about the legality but I do know that the local CO told me face to face it would be a bad idea.
    Interesting. I am not doubting you, but I do wonder what you would be charged with. The official BC Invasive Species pamphlet regarding pigs clearly states:

"Feral pigs can be mistaken for domestic pigs as they look very similar. If they are not in captivity or are not otherwise under a person's control then they can be considered feral. If in doubt, check with local farmers to determine if they are indeed feral."

Now, it does say to check but if is pretty clear, if not under direct control or penned they are feral and as a result are fair game. If you can prove you are on Crown Land when the you shot the pig I would be very surprised to see the charges laid and stick. To those that doubt it can happen here look what Alberta and Saskatchewan are starting to see. Swine road kill is getting pretty common.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    No I would not shoot a cow as I am aware of farmers leasing crown land for grazing rights.I have never heard of farmers having grazing rights for pigs, hat is the reason I am asking here.I don't think it is right that the farmer is allowing his pigs to get out and roam unrestricted on crown land, just ask any Texan about feral pigs.
    I agree it isn't right, but farm animals get past fences all the time. It isn't fair to take an animal that is loose from a nearby farm. If it is a real feral pig, blast away. You better be sure though....
    Last edited by shortrange; 09-05-2018 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butcher View Post
    What was his reasoning???

Quote Originally Posted by kagia View Post
    What was his reasoning???
    X 2 ??
    what is the rest of the story?
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

those pigs in that photo seem awfully domesticated.
    first wild pigs don't generally stand around for a photo opp.
    watch some u tube wild bore hunting and they are more skid-dish than a white tail