Thread: Peep cutting string?

Peep cutting string?

Had new cables and a string installed on my PSE Drive R from a reputable bow shop in the valley. They set the bow up and did a basic tune. I probably shot 150 arrows since and I am now noticing the string beginning to fray around the peep. I never once moved the peep since they set it up. The same peep was on my last string and was never a problem.

I'll try and post a picture. Any thoughts? Should they make it right. Could it be an install error or does this tend to happen?

Thanks all!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Peep cutting string?

Is it fraying or being cut? If its being cut, I'd take it back and ask what's going on, if it's fraying put some wax on it, from my experience, which is limited compared to some, the fraying is usually more noticeable around the peep but normal.

If it's fraying and you think it's a problem, call them and see what they think, if they're a reputable shop they should be able to tell you what's going on.

Re: Peep cutting string?

Quote Originally Posted by JKerr View Post
    Is it fraying or being cut? If its being cut, I'd take it back and ask what's going on, if it's fraying put some wax on it, from my experience, which is limited compared to some, the fraying is usually more noticeable around the peep but normal.

If it's fraying and you think it's a problem, call them and see what they think, if they're a reputable shop they should be able to tell you what's going on.
    Yeah it's a bit more than a fray. I'm gonna take it back this weekend.