Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does the BCWF intend to weigh in on the suggested handgun and 'assault weapons' ban?

Re: Does the BCWF intend to weigh in on the suggested handgun and 'assault weapons' b

Some of the International organizations opposed to the consumptive use of wildlife, such as the World Wildlife Fund, National Wildlife Federation, PETA, the Patagonia Foundation, the Tides Foundation, and the Sea Sheperd Society, can issue tax receipts for donated money and then use that money to fund other non-profit organizations.
    ^^^^^^^^^
    I have always thought the original donors are unaware of where their donations are going, many are going to an unintended use and in fact many may be gun owners and hunters themselves. It seems that its a fine line between hunter and conservationist and someone should figure out a way to inform the donors of the nefarious use of their funds.

Re: Does the BCWF intend to weigh in on the suggested handgun and 'assault weapons' b

Quote Originally Posted by f350ps View Post
    ^^^ WOW!!! Thanks for the heads up, surely Foxton can explain this! K
    Great post Kelly, I'm pretty sure if you don't get it by now you never will, but you could try to go to a R2 meeting and ask their President to unravel the mystery for you. Make sure he speaks sssllloooowwwwllly.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
    Great post Kelly, I'm pretty sure if you don't get it by now you never will, but you could try to go to a R2 meeting and ask their President to unravel the mystery for you. Make sure he speaks sssllloooowwwwllly.
    Oh I get it all right, but thanks for the insight, it speaks volumes! K

Quote Originally Posted by Iron.Bender View Post
    Just got off the phone. I guess the BCWF is continuing it's practice of alienating it's base members of hunters and shooters. The one hope for a new direction Chuck Zuckerman who has been doing yeoman's duty in efforts to speak up for hunters and shooters and trying to get the BCWF back on track to the point of being willing to invest his own time and money to purchase an RV and tour ALL the member clubs in an attempt to bring the BCWF back to it's roots was passed over as president in favor of the unprecedented act or recycling presidents in a clear attempt to stay the course rather than support their base. They even went so far as to allow a husband and wife to be elected as Vice President and Treasurer. A move which although not disallowed constitutionally is in my and others opinions is a very bad visual after the fiasco of a pervious administration and the wanton waste of almost $400,000. Mr. Zuckerman was told he was volunteering and working to much and it portrays "others" a very poor light.. The time has now come to start looking seriously at a new origination to represent BC hunters and shooters and have the balls to stand up for their membership. Although we were hopeful for change it is now clear the BCWF is not the organization to take hunters anglers and shooters into the 21st Century.
    I agree with you. Constitutionally there is nothing wrong with it but perceptionally it looks wrong. There was some discussion by the membership at the time. There is always a possibility for things to go sideways as things could be blown out of proportion at the slightest question. Unfortunately it was the best option for the members to vote for the best interest of the BCWF. A resolution will have to be put forth for 2020 to create a bylaw preventing this in the future.
    THE FEW THE PROUD, SEMPER FI

When has a ban of any kind had any real effect on crime. It effects people that follow the rules. A person hears about a shooting that happened but never hear if the perpetrator could legally own a firearm.
    That brings up another question. Has having to have a RPOL or a RPAL, POL or PAL made any change in the number of firearm deaths?

Quote Originally Posted by 303savage View Post
    When has a ban of any kind had any real effect on crime. It effects people that follow the rules. A person hears about a shooting that happened but never hear if the perpetrator could legally own a firearm.
    That brings up another question. Has having to have a RPOL or a RPAL, POL or PAL made any change in the number of firearm deaths?
    No, the PAL system didn't have any real effect on violent crime. People that get PAL's tend to me among the most law abiding in the population.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

I just spent the other day in a group of people at the park with the dog and their dogs.
    Gun Control came up.
    I tried to tell them that most folks with PAL etc, were law abiding and not an issue nor threat.
    Worse is the gun crime by gang style folks with illegal guns etc anf that they would continue to do so and that there is a big underground
    that will continue to supply them.
    (We on HBC all know that and the arguments)

But no matter how you spell it out for them, even with the stats.
    They just say nope......ban them and bad things will stop happening.
    IF they aren't available, then it is hard for someone to get them legally, and less chance for an issue to develop.

They are FIRM in that rationale!!
    Stats do not matter in the discussion with them.
    It's their "Belief" of what the solution is, that cant be swayed and in a group, they feed off each other supporting that 1 belief!!

If the guns don't exist, or are available, the issue declines.
    They don't realize that the technology exists, that Pandora's box was open long ago and can never be shut again.
    And lets face it, guns used in mass shootings and crime are going to be in the news everday.
    Which just continues and solidifies their views more and more each day.

How you get people to become rationale and look at the stats to look for the best solution is beyond me, WHEN, these same folks are
    looking for the "PERFECT SOLUTION", which will never exist!! (it just cant!)

Liberals just made their throne speech and they pledged to do a gun buyback of "military weapons" and to support municipalities in banning hand guns.

Quote Originally Posted by silveragent View Post
    Liberals just made their throne speech and they pledged to do a gun buyback of "military weapons" and to support municipalities in banning hand guns.
    Wtf ? Are u kidding me ? RJ

Quote Originally Posted by silveragent View Post
    I see both the Saskatchewan and Ontario wildlife federations have made strong statements against the suggested handgun and 'assault weapons' ban. Are we going to see something similar from the BCWF?
    The BCWF is a dead letter. The controversy about being a conservationist or a hunter/angler is a distraction to cover the core value change without disturbing the core financial lifeline that comes from hunters and anglers. To me, those that see a philosophical difference between the two should have left the organization and formed their own club. Instead, they co-oped an already establish organization that had that financial lifeline. If they didn't have the money spigot we provide, they most likely would have perished financially, or alternatively, gone Raincoast.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU