Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Does the BCWF intend to weigh in on the suggested handgun and 'assault weapons' ban?

Re: Does the BCWF intend to weigh in on the suggested handgun and 'assault weapons' b

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Honestly, gun laws are not what the bcwf need spend much time and effort in.
    Firstly, I think there are enough "gun affiliated lobbyists" running around already to make sure it doesn't happen.

And more importantly, we have some "real wildlife issues" right here in BC that need addressing and really requires the
    BCWF to be focused on.
    Lets face it, BCWF is going thru a period right now, that if they don't get their act together real quick, it is going to be the end of BCWF in the not to distant future by many members walking away from their memberships.

May want to call up the NRA etc to send some folks up for the gun issues.
    Let the BCWF try to help get our wildlife back so we can enjoy our hunting and not lose more species from becoming
    banned from hunting.
    I think they should. Why ? Because the current Goberment is saying only FN, hunters and farmers should be able to use guns. Who better to talk about that than the BCWF ? Stop this division, all orgs need to jump on this.

The end game is bigger than people think IMO. I keep seeing threads about the next hunting trip, well if Blair gets his way with CENTRAL STORAGE FOR ALL GUNS have fun trying to hunt on the fly.
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Re: Does the BCWF intend to weigh in on the suggested handgun and 'assault weapons' b

There will be no BCWF without hunters and there would be damn few hunters without guns.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiVK...ature=youtu.be
    BC Wildlife Federation provides Testimony on Bill C-71
    Firearms Committee Chair Chuck Zuckerman presented to the Senate Standing Committee on National Security and Defence on April 1st, 2019. He gave a testimony ...
    www.youtube.com
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

"BORN TO HUNT"

Chuck Zuckerman
    Speech to the BC Trappers Association
    April 2019

Our "Way of Life" is being threatened.

I want to answer the questions "What are we doing?" and "What can we do?"

"What Are We Doing?"
    The BCWF on behalf of all Anglers, Hunters, Trappers, and Recreational Shooters testified before the Senate emphasizing our "Way of Life." We use legal and ethical management tools to enhance wildlife diversity for the enjoyment of all British Columbians in the present and in the future.

The issues Bill C-71 are trying to address are generated by urban city Mayors and politicians concerned with Gang Crime, but the solutions suggested do nothing to address that problem. However they do impact responsible firearms users especially rural hunters, trappers, and urban recreational shooters.

We were successful in that all our concerns were agreed to by the sub-committee and passed on to the Senate as proposed amendments to the legislation.

"What Can We Do?"
    Go to Elections BC and see what the margin of victory was for candidates that support your ideas and those that do not. Write each of the candidates and ask them to describe their positions regarding issues that concern you.

It is especially important to support candidates that agree with your concerns and solutions, and either won by small margins or lost by small margins.

The discussion is drawn between science-based management of our resources versus emotional based management of our resources. Traditionally the schism has been viewed between Urban and Rural residents but this is a generality.

As urbanites acquire greater wealth and more free time they are thirsty for a "Non Urban" experience and have the mobility and resources to travel and experience new recreational activities. Our challenge is to advocate for science-based management of our resources to allow all residents this opportunity.

Visiting a local hatchery with the family and participating in a fish release begins the attachment between the family and nature. We should encourage our local hatcheries to invite schools to their hatchery and create anticipation for the coming fish release. We should invite MPs, MLAs, and the news media to these events. Watching your children on the six o'clock news with them will do more than a full page add in a newspaper.

One of the provincial programs the BCWF supports is Fishing Forever. This weekend event encourages handicapped individuals to catch sometimes their first fish in Trout stocked lakes. Participants are provided with all the necessary fishing gear and lunch.

A hatchery release and Fishing Forever begin the knowledge of our centuries old important and relevant attachment to appropriately managed resources in a safe and fun atmosphere.

These programs do not require extensive funding but do require extensive volunteer efforts. This hands on personal communication is where alliances are formed and a respect for an integrated way of life experience begins.

The provincial government states that "$350 million revenue is generated from hunting activities" however those organizations opposed to our sustainable consumptive way of life generate that much money opposing our way of life.

Some of the International organizations opposed to the consumptive use of wildlife, such as the World Wildlife Fund, National Wildlife Federation, PETA, the Patagonia Foundation, the Tides Foundation, and the Sea Sheperd Society, can issue tax receipts for donated money and then use that money to fund other non-profit organizations.

All these organizations work together to petition every segment of North American society for donations. Look at their websites. It appears the same public relations firm professionally designed them. All are geared towards generating donated funding.
    This layering and dispensing of funding is legal and generates $100's of millions internationally.
    They produce the Ranger Rick Magazine for children; they introduce wildlife management emotionally using Disney like characters to persuade people that consumptive use is something negative and to be shunned.

BC provincial organizations such as the BCWF, GOABC, WSS, and the BCTA, cannot generate even 1% of this international funding.

This international funding helped stop the BC Grizzly Bear Hunt for emotional reasons not scientific management reasons, and because of this success there is renewed interest in stopping Lynx, Cougar, and Bobcat hunting using the same successful emotional techniques.

The target of many media campaigns is directed towards the population centers where the greatest wealth is. The propaganda helps create and exacerbate the differences of perception between rural residents and urban dwellers. If your only experience of the outdoors is only through the media, whatever they present is the only "truth" the viewer has been exposed to. The reality is far from the simplified sanitized cartoon images presented on the screen.

We need to Educate and Advocate. We must contact our politicians and educate them to advocate for our ideas and our way of life. We must be passionate but respectful.

An Advocate publicly supports and champions a particular policy or is a proponent recommending a particular cause. This is freedom of speech and follows the purposes of our Constitutions. Send our message to all legislators.

A Lobbyist is someone hired by a business or organization to persuade legislators to support that business or organization's cause. Lobbyists get paid to win favours from politicians. Corporations send lobbyists to try and make life easier for them regarding tax incentives or and the removal of restrictive legislation.

We are advocates. We are only paid with the knowledge that future generations will honour us because of our success to preserve their way of life. Kiss your children and receive the reward.

Chuck Zuckerman
    April 2019
    "BORN TO HUNT"

The BCWF also has been on a letter and phone call campaign in past number of months to politicians of all parties expressing displeasure with C-71. The Firearms Committee (Dr. Gary Mauser) and the Recreational Shooting Committee have been active on all fronts. Dr. Gary Mauser ans Chuck Zucherman have both been invited to the Senate to give presentations against C-71. I do not think you can expect anything better than that to be heard or represented on your behalf.

We also had a meeting with MP Bob Zimmer on Friday talking specifically in regards to the pending upcoming announcement by JT in June. We will have further discussions with him over the next couple of weeks.
    Last edited by One Shot; 05-12-2019 at 12:25 AM.
    THE FEW THE PROUD, SEMPER FI

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Honestly, gun laws are not what the bcwf need spend much time and effort in.
    Firstly, I think there are enough "gun affiliated lobbyists" running around already to make sure it doesn't happen.

And more importantly, we have some "real wildlife issues" right here in BC that need addressing and really requires the
    BCWF to be focused on.
    Lets face it, BCWF is going thru a period right now, that if they don't get their act together real quick, it is going to be the end of BCWF in the not to distant future by many members walking away from their memberships.

May want to call up the NRA etc to send some folks up for the gun issues.
    Let the BCWF try to help get our wildlife back so we can enjoy our hunting and not lose more species from becoming
    banned from hunting.
    Amen. Still waiting to see an actual FIGHT BCWF has won as well as some increased and new opportunity (which also means not being blocked by FN and current opportunity) for the hunters before dishing out more cash.
    All I’ve seen now for years is loss of access, loss of LEH, loss of total species and reduced opportunity on a whole.
    By no means is the group responsible for this but to act as a forefront and defence for the hunters there needs to be victory to justify spending.

***The way it stands and has for quite some time is we have lost literally everything that’s been suggested we lose.***

If cats or wolves go too, we’re DONE and so are they IMO because to lose ALL predator hunting in 3 years is to essentially allow the decimation of our ungulates.
    Also, nobody (BCTA or BCWF) is fighting to make traplines be forced to be active or sold and many on FN land are being left dormant as well.
    Its a joke on a whole, all the management. Or should I say mismanagement.
    This goes for the people “hunters/trappers” allowing lines to sit dormant (greed) as well or looking to profit off them at a cost to all including our wildlife by allowing unmanaged Predators to thrive.
    B.C should be ashamed and embarrassed.
    Less than 5 years ago we had it better than anywhere. This is changing alarmingly fast.
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

Write letters, comments , let them know your part otherwise we all gonna be done in no time. Same as bison once disappeared all others will go too with protection of all predators. There will not be much neeeded balance. I just commented one article yesterday about grizzly ban all you get from anti hunters is wish you diy to cancer.. some ****ed up out there , no place for opinions or talk only they have truth..

Dont step back even one step , because next one will follow. Sport shooting, hunting has to continue.

Just got off the phone. I guess the BCWF is continuing it's practice of alienating it's base members of hunters and shooters. The one hope for a new direction Chuck Zuckerman who has been doing yeoman's duty in efforts to speak up for hunters and shooters and trying to get the BCWF back on track to the point of being willing to invest his own time and money to purchase an RV and tour ALL the member clubs in an attempt to bring the BCWF back to it's roots was passed over as president in favor of the unprecedented act or recycling presidents in a clear attempt to stay the course rather than support their base. They even went so far as to allow a husband and wife to be elected as Vice President and Treasurer. A move which although not disallowed constitutionally is in my and others opinions is a very bad visual after the fiasco of a pervious administration and the wanton waste of almost $400,000. Mr. Zuckerman was told he was volunteering and working to much and it portrays "others" a very poor light.. The time has now come to start looking seriously at a new origination to represent BC hunters and shooters and have the balls to stand up for their membership. Although we were hopeful for change it is now clear the BCWF is not the organization to take hunters anglers and shooters into the 21st Century.
    Gone Hunting. Back soon to go Fishing

^^^ WOW!!! Thanks for the heads up, surely Foxton can explain this! K