Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does the BCWF intend to weigh in on the suggested handgun and 'assault weapons' ban?

Does the BCWF intend to weigh in on the suggested handgun and 'assault weapons' ban?

I see both the Saskatchewan and Ontario wildlife federations have made strong statements against the suggested handgun and 'assault weapons' ban. Are we going to see something similar from the BCWF?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Does the BCWF intend to weigh in on the suggested handgun and 'assault weapons' b

They are a wildlife conservation group

Re: Does the BCWF intend to weigh in on the suggested handgun and 'assault weapons' b

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    I hope that's some sarcasm there.....the Fed has spent thousands upon thousands fighting for firearm owners rights and for shooting sports as a large number of members are shooters who buy a membership for range access only.

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    I hope that's some sarcasm there.....the Fed has spent thousands upon thousands fighting for firearm owners rights and for shooting sports as a large number of members are shooters who buy a membership for range access only.
    I was unaware of that, thanks Rackmaster.

How much has BCWF had on influence on politician on issues concerning or sport and gun control ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    Sadly at times it’s MORE of a gun rights group than looking out for the interests of wildlife. And this is coming from a restricted owner.

BCWF speaks to The Senate on C71
    I received the following Email from Chuck Zuckerman BCWF Region 2 President, Provincial Sport Shooting Chair and 2019 Candidate for BCWF Provincial President. Have a watch and see what you think

Good Day -

I am glad the BCWF is getting more pro-active (Patagonia pressure, etc.).
    Each time our voice is heard echoing the frustrations and concerns of our members is encouraging.

In a small way I helped when yesterday I testified before the Senate on Bill C-71. It went very well.

You can see the session here:

Click on this address and be patient

http://senparlvu.parl.gc.ca/XRender/...0Safari/537.36

Scroll down to the bottom of the page on the left hand side and slide the cursor to 13:18:00 which is the time the Senate reconvened to hear my testimony.
    It lasts approximately 50 minutes.

In Conservation and Responsible Firearm Use
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    aaaaaaaand then ? A point would be nice .
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Quote Originally Posted by limit time View Post
    aaaaaaaand then ? A point would be nice .
    Too busy eating crow right now

Honestly, gun laws are not what the bcwf need spend much time and effort in.
    Firstly, I think there are enough "gun affiliated lobbyists" running around already to make sure it doesn't happen.

And more importantly, we have some "real wildlife issues" right here in BC that need addressing and really requires the
    BCWF to be focused on.
    Lets face it, BCWF is going thru a period right now, that if they don't get their act together real quick, it is going to be the end of BCWF in the not to distant future by many members walking away from their memberships.

May want to call up the NRA etc to send some folks up for the gun issues.
    Let the BCWF try to help get our wildlife back so we can enjoy our hunting and not lose more species from becoming
    banned from hunting.