Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mule deer bag limit

Re: Mule deer bag limit

It is my understanding that you can take ONE Mule buck total in regions 3-8. If you have a LEH antlerless, you can fill your LEH antlerless tag, however that deer must be from a different region than your buck. You can then take ONE WT deer (buck or anterless) from any region including the one you took your mule buck from.

A C.O. woody have to go to college just to know how to interpret the BC Hunting Synopsis whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa??????

Jelvis -- A course for four years in university to understand all the questions people are going to ask them? And don't underestimate the power of stoopid people when gathered in large crowds Hahahahaha.
    Last edited by Jelvis; 09-04-2018 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Hello I'm Johnny Ca$h

Quote Originally Posted by Islander30 View Post
    It doesn't make sense if you ask me. I fully understand the new rule of 1 mule deer "buck" province wide(except for blacktails in region 1&2) and in the chart on page 17 it says 1 mule deer "buck" and 1 mule deer "antlerless"( except for region 4) I assumed that was to allow for LEH, which made sense. However when you read the specifics, in for instance Region 3 under "Deer" it says you are only allowed 1 mule deer period(doesn't say buck) ! ....but then if you look in the LEH synopsis and you read the sentence at the bottom of the Region 3 antlerless oppurtunties, it clearly says the bag limit for mule deer in Region 3 is TWO !!! I don't get it ? Also in the specific section paragraph about deer under Region 3 in the regulations it is not in green where it says the bag limit for mule deer is one...if it's not in green then I thought it wasn't "new"...so if that is accurate why is it not in green ? if it's correct, its definataly "new" and not only that, its also in contradiction with the LEH synopsis ???

The chart/table on page 17 shows the region 3 mule deer limit for bucks as 1, anterless as 1 and the total as 1 which is green meaning it's a new change. Page 42 in he regs also says that there is a reduction in totals for mule deer. Is there a possibility the leh synopsis has a printing error? Or maybe they decided to reduce the total number for reg 3 after the leh synopsis had been printed?
    Last edited by j270wsm; 09-04-2018 at 10:32 PM.

Why is there so much confusion page 17 of the rigs are pretty black and white you can't go over your seasonal bag limits Regional bag limits or provincial bag limits.

Quote Originally Posted by j270wsm View Post
    The chart/table on page 17 shows the region 3 mule deer limit for bucks as 1, anterless as 1 and the total as 1 which is green meaning it's a new change. Page 42 in he regs also says that there is a reduction in totals for mule deer. Is there a possibility the leh synopsis has a printing error? Or maybe they decided to reduce the total number for reg 3 after the leh synopsis had been printed?
    Ya I see what your saying, it must be the LEH synopsis that's wrong.

Last edited by Islander30; 09-04-2018 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sako79 View Post
    Why is there so much confusion page 17 of the rigs are pretty black and white you can't go over your seasonal bag limits Regional bag limits or provincial bag limits.
    I was confused because the LEH synopsis says the bag limit for Region 3 is TWO mule deer and the Hunting & Trapping synopsis says its ONE....that is definataly confusing ! However like j270wsm pointed out it must be either a mistake with the LEH synopsis or there was a last minute change before the regs came out. The LEH synopsis clearly contradicts the Hunting & Trapping regulations synopsis, so one of them is correct and one of them is incorrect...but what I didn't notice at first as j270 pointed out the "1" in the total column on page 17 for Region 3 is indeed green, so that would suggest it's not a mistake and its probably the LEH synopsis that's wrong.

Last edited by Islander30; 09-04-2018 at 11:57 PM.

Combined Mule Deer bag limit region 3 regardless of doe or buck or LEH is 1 (ONE). So, if you take a buck in region 3 your doe LEH in region 3 is worthless.
    Call CO or wildlife government office to confirm. The regs are fairly clear. The LEH synopsis is older before the updated regs came out, I think.

1. So then get your buck where you always went for years and know the spot good, and fill your leh antlerless in another close as you can Region. Different one you apply for then you hunt your buck. now
    Jel -my understanding how it cood werky good -- 2. don't apply for antlerless, in your buck spot, maybe someone else you go with apply in that spot etc figure it out!
    ---The options on LEH for mule deer antler less in B.C. to you and yours is huge to your advantages -- makes for a better plan -- b4 you apply for next leh think of your options, with your hunting party, sitting around having a coffee or tea, or a beer.
    ----------------> Mule deer will be the savior of the hunter, supplies everything a hunter was, is and will be, and is a survivor and will give us mega pleasure -->
    Last edited by Jelvis; 09-05-2018 at 12:12 PM. Reason: MULE DEER are thee perfect wild animal in the world

Quote Originally Posted by longwalk View Post
    My 15 year old daughter took a region 3 buck in the youth season and also has a LEH for region 8. The Regs don’t make any mention of this scenario.
    I'm assuming the buck was a mule deer. If so

Your daughter cannot harvest another MULE deer buck in Regions 3 thru 8

Your daughter cannon shoot ANY mule deer in Region 3 because the regional Mule deer limit is 1

She can only shoot another Mule buck in Regions 1, 2 and Haida Gwaii

She can still shoot a White Tail Buck where it is open.

She CAN still Harvest a doe in region 8

It is in the table

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    1. So then get your buck where you always went for years and know the spot good, and fill your leh antlerless in another close as you can Region. Different one you apply for then you hunt your buck. now
    Jel -my understanding how it cood werky good -- 2. don't apply for antlerless, in your buck spot, maybe someone else you go with apply in that spot etc figure it out!
    ---The options on LEH for mule deer antler less in B.C. to you and yours is huge to your advantages -- makes for a better plan -- b4 you apply for next leh think of your options, with your hunting party, sitting around having a coffee or tea, or a beer.
    ----------------> Mule deer will be the savior of the hunter, supplies everything a hunter was, is and will be, and is a survivor and will give us mega pleasure -->
    That is correct Especially for Region 3