Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mule deer bag limit

Re: Mule deer bag limit

270 your saying you can harvest 1 mule deer buck in reg 3 and 1 mule deer in reg 8, must be a mis print?
    I think yer allowed one mule buck only in all of BC
    If it's a misprint by you then yah shood say ------------ OR not and?
    Jelly -- can get very into it, down to just one word changed in some cases --
    Last edited by Jelvis; 09-04-2018 at 08:14 AM. Reason: JUSTINE CASTROSIS

Read it again jelvis!

Your only allowed one " buck " in regions 3-8. If I hold a region 8 mulie doe leh I am allowed to harvest a doe because there is a regional limit for mulie does. Region 4 is the only region that doesn't not have mulie doe tags/leh.

It's supposed to read " one buck in region 3 through region 8 ". I didn't think putting " regions 3-8 with the hyphen would cause confusion. I figured making the word " region " plural was going to avoid confusion.
    Last edited by j270wsm; 09-04-2018 at 03:57 PM.

There is a "Exception". for region 2, I usually take a Mule deer in reg 5, and this year im also going to reg. 2-5. On page 17 reg 2-5 and 2-12 the bag limit is 1. So.... If i take my 1 deer in reg 5, can I get a second deer in reg 2-5???
    I know the provincial limit is 3, so does that apply to you when hunting those two regions only??

The chart/table on page 17 explains it pretty clearly.

If your still having trouble call a CO. Also ask about the exception for region 2

Quote Originally Posted by j270wsm View Post
    The chart/table on page 17 explains it pretty clearly.

If your still having trouble call a CO. Also ask about the exception for region 2
    After re reading it, you are correct. I did email the C/O Service just to be sure, but I’m reading the same way you are. Had this conversation with some bow hunters in camp on Sunday and they were of the opinion that my daughter wouldn’t be able to fill the doe draw.

Quote Originally Posted by j270wsm View Post
    Read it again jelvis!

Your only allowed one " buck " in regions 3-8. If I hold a region 8 mulie doe leh I am allowed to harvest a doe because there is a regional limit for mulie does. Region 4 is the only region that doesn't not have mulie doe tags/leh.
    You need to read the regs again. The only regions you are allowed two mule deer is region 5, 1 buck 1 doe under leh. Region 6 Is 1 buck and 1 doe under bow season. Not including Queen Charlottes. Every other area the regional bag limit for mule deer is one.
    I'm not prejudice, I hate everybody alike.

Regulations are pretty black and white to me on deer bag limits. Remember you cannot go over seasonal bag limits Regional bag limits and provincial bag limits they all go hand-in-hand and you must obey them.

If you shoot a buck and region 3 and have a doe leh you canot cut ur doe tag. Your done muledeer hunting in region 3. But the original poster daughter has a l e h don't draw in Region 8 she can no longer shoot a f****** Region 8 but she can tag out her doe

Quote Originally Posted by moosecamp View Post
    You need to read the regs again. The only regions you are allowed two mule deer is region 5, 1 buck 1 doe under leh. Region 6 Is 1 buck and 1 doe under bow season. Not including Queen Charlottes. Every other area the regional bag limit for mule deer is one.
    I never said you were allowed to take 2 bucks!
    Pretty sure i said your allowed 1 buck in regions 3-8.

The little chart seems easier to understand than the words. Bucks/Antlerless/total/ Pg 17
    Get it on the ground, that's when the work starts

Antlerless? A guy or gal sees a nice lil muley antlerless standing there begging to be taken home and the hunter use's his or her Bino's sees no bone so not home alone.
    --> The hunter goes up a hundred yards on the slope with twigs and brush and finds the deer has knobs on it's tiny head? Layin there with a 270 in the shoulder?
    Deader then a door nail.
    Jel -- This is a tricky question - think b4 responding according to what the regs require? Antlerless with knobs oh oh ? What now? A knobby doe? With whaaaaa?
    Last edited by Jelvis; 09-04-2018 at 03:07 PM. Reason: JUSTINE CASTROSIS