Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mule deer bag limit

Re: Mule deer bag limit

Jel, you need the definition of a knob .....and then of an antler or bony protuberance
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Yah on an antlerless mule buck, the knobs must be still covered with hair, the bone, the antler has not broke thru the skin.
    Jel -- no antler broke thru the skin -- then it's antlerless -- if you see two inch thin spikes then different story -- has antlers
    Last edited by Jelvis; 09-04-2018 at 04:13 PM. Reason: HBC sticks together and helps hunters

It doesn't make sense if you ask me. I fully understand the new rule of 1 mule deer "buck" province wide(except for blacktails in region 1&2) and in the chart on page 17 it says 1 mule deer "buck" and 1 mule deer "antlerless"( except for region 4) I assumed that was to allow for LEH, which made sense. However when you read the specifics, in for instance Region 3 under "Deer" it says you are only allowed 1 mule deer period(doesn't say buck) ! ....but then if you look in the LEH synopsis and you read the sentence at the bottom of the Region 3 antlerless oppurtunties, it clearly says the bag limit for mule deer in Region 3 is TWO !!! I don't get it ? Also in the specific section paragraph about deer under Region 3 in the regulations it is not in green where it says the bag limit for mule deer is one...if it's not in green then I thought it wasn't "new"...so if that is accurate why is it not in green ? if it's correct, its definataly "new" and not only that, its also in contradiction with the LEH synopsis ???

Last edited by Islander30; 09-04-2018 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Spelling

----Islander30 folks, picking up some mixed up reading in the BC Regs? What do yah stink? I mean think?
    Confusing at the least?
    Jel -- I-30 picking up some contrasting info?

How about no Doe Season, that should take care of things, after all the Mulies are on the decline and GoatGuy is pushing for studies as we speak.

The fastest way to knock down a population is to put the Smackdown on the females. That's how the they take care of CWD in the hot zones.

Can't wait for Fisher Dudes Data, it's been so long.

No doe season or no antlerless season bownut? Two different things yet kinda the samey?
    Jelly -- Mixed up in the regz? Whad if? their were mega doe but no Stud mule bucks to jump on them?
    Last edited by Jelvis; 09-04-2018 at 07:33 PM. Reason: HBC sticks together and helps hunters

Quote Originally Posted by bownut View Post
    How about no Doe Season, that should take care of things, after all the Mulies are on the decline and GoatGuy is pushing for studies as we speak.

The fastest way to knock down a population is to put the Smackdown on the females. That's how the they take care of CWD in the hot zones.

How about not trying to de-rail the thread ?

Quote Originally Posted by bownut View Post

Except when they're whitetails. Any time the population of WT does is down they always twin when going into estrus. Have even seen triplets before. Plus WT fawns born early in the season can also be bred that same fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Islander30 View Post
    It doesn't make sense if you ask me. I fully understand the new rule of 1 mule deer "buck" province wide(except for blacktails in region 1&2) and in the chart on page 17 it says 1 mule deer "buck" and 1 mule deer "antlerless"( except for region 4) I assumed that was to allow for LEH, which made sense. However when you read the specifics, in for instance Region 3 under "Deer" it says you are only allowed 1 mule deer period(doesn't say buck) ! ....but then if you look in the LEH synopsis and you read the sentence at the bottom of the Region 3 antlerless oppurtunties, it clearly says the bag limit for mule deer in Region 3 is TWO !!! I don't get it ? Also in the specific section paragraph about deer under Region 3 in the regulations it is not in green where it says the bag limit for mule deer is one...if it's not in green then I thought it wasn't "new"...so if that is accurate why is it not in green ? if it's correct, its definataly "new" and not only that, its also in contradiction with the LEH synopsis ???

So back to the subject of the thread, does anyone else not think there is a descrperency between the LEH , the chart on page 17 and the individual paragraphs on "Deer" in each section ?

Let's help the Ministry by us on hbc with members finding these confusing reads in the regs and leh aps, and get these cleared up!
    -- No ones perfect -- I know it's hard to be humble when your so perfect in every way but Eh! --
    Jel -- Helping clear the Muddy Waters -- now it's as clear as mud? -- we can make the regs easy to understand with you contributing.
    So what's Islanders answer? If, a big IF yah know cuz yah need to be a lawyer to understand the muley regs?
    Last edited by Jelvis; 09-04-2018 at 08:14 PM. Reason: HBC sticks together and helps hunters