Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Hunting alone

Re: Hunting alone

Quote Originally Posted by Ferenc View Post
    The mornings are best to be adventurous and explore ... the reason being if for some reason something goes sideways you have the rest of the day to get things straightened out ... for later in the day until you get more comfortable find a vantage point ... a cut or some place you know well and sit and watch knowing how far your camp is .... leave the ugly areas for the morning ... : )
    that is great advice that i do too when on my own...any new or distant locations are for morning hunts...i tend to stick closer to defined areas for the evening hunts...like pushing through an area that comes out on a road so that you can easily walk back on the road in the dark for example or only going a few hundred yards into the bush before turning to parallel the road for a km or 2

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    The only problem I've had with hunting by myself is when sitting at the campfire.
    I've heard all the stories before.
    I had the same issue for a while. Then I just started to lie to myself.

Read the advice given here. I have learned over the years that even when I hunted with another guy it was still like I was by myself. If you find a reliable and stand up person to hunt with then do your best to keep that guy. I seem to pick nothing but duds to hunt with.