Thread: Small game hunting using a regular car

Small game hunting using a regular car

I am new to hunting and am not quite ready yet to buy a dedicated hunting vehicle. I just have a regular 4 door Nissan Altima with snow tires.

I've gone small game road hunting on FSRs before with my friend in his truck, but I was wondering if it's generally possible to do this with my own car, before it starts snowing? I am afraid of getting stuck.

I would like to be able to go for day trips or weekend trips for small game out of Vancouver looking for grouse and rabbits. Any suggestions or advice?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Small game hunting using a regular car

When I first started I hunted out of my 89' civic. Took a few deer and many grouse and rabbits. All in the Kamloops area, 3 to 4 hours out of van. The roads there don't have the same big crush rock like the coastal roads, are generally flatter and seem to have more grouse around. It was always a challenge stuffing a big mulie in the trunk or back seat of the car but it worked. Was always fun to see the look on the butchers face when I pulled out my game as well for butchering...