Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amateur Lake/River Fishing Around Lillooet

Amateur Lake/River Fishing Around Lillooet

Hi,
    I'll be out fishing for some meals and looking for tips on fishing the small rivers and river mouths pouring into Carpenter or Seton lake? Should i try live bait or lures? And if so, any suggestions? I've heard that crocodile and coho spoons might work.

Any tips would be great!

Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Amateur Lake/River Fishing Around Lillooet

I have not fished Seton but i have fished carpenter lake lots. I have had great success with Zappers (sold at Spud Valley in Pemberton) on light spinning rods. It's all i use there. Slays the Rainbows. Pick anywhere there is an inflow and you can't go wrong.

Oh and on a side note using live bait is illegal province wide is it not?

The spoons work awesome the closer you are to the penstocks where the water is agitated up is the ticket.. : )

Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    No it's not. You only need to open the regs to find that out

Don’t know where you heard this but it’s 100% only some waters have bait ban

for the op panthermartins and blue fox spinners work well at times

It is unawful to: "Have any live fish in your possession in the wild, or move any live fish or live aquatic inverterbrates around the province or transplant them into any waters in BC.Do not keep angled fish alive in a "livewell" or other device or on stringers AND NEVER USE LIVE FISH AS BAIT or release your aquarium fish into the wild."

Straight out of the regs. What am i missing?

[QUOTE=NeilG;2031062]It is unawful to: "Have any live fish in your possession in the wild, or move any live fish or live aquatic inverterbrates around the province or transplant them into any waters in BC.Do not keep angled fish alive in a "livewell" or other device or on stringers AND NEVER USE LIVE FISH AS BAIT or release your aquarium fish into the wild."

Straight out of the regs. What am i
    ... it says yes you cannot use live FISH as bait or live aquatic invertebrates to abbreviate ... you can use worms etc as long as they are not a fish or native to the water species. Not understanding is part of the reasons a few lakes have been killed off locally for invasive species and the same thing will happen with the mussels if more people aren't diligent. Your missing the few and only regulations you posted?

It is unawful to: "Have any live fish in your possession in the wild, or move any live fish or live aquatic inverterbrates around the province or transplant them into any waters in BC.Do not keep angled fish alive in a "livewell" or other device or on stringers AND NEVER USE LIVE FISH AS BAIT or release your aquarium fish into the wild."

Straight out of the regs. What am i missing?
    worms are a pretty common type of live bait

Fair enough. I've only ever associated the term "live bait" with smaller bait fish (such as fishing for muskies) but i stand corrected.