Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amateur Lake/River Fishing Around Lillooet

Re: Amateur Lake/River Fishing Around Lillooet

Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    It is unawful to: "Have any live fish in your possession in the wild, or move any live fish or live aquatic inverterbrates around the province or transplant them into any waters in BC.Do not keep angled fish alive in a "livewell" or other device or on stringers AND NEVER USE LIVE FISH AS BAIT or release your aquarium fish into the wild."

Straight out of the regs. What am i missing?
    How about a live GRASS HOPPER?

If you’re that far in the bush try Mowson and Pearson Ponds. You’d be pleasantly surprised about what comes out of those little lakes.

You guys are awesome, thanks!

the stretch below the bridge in Gold Bridge is good for bull trout, the mouth of gun creek into carpenter as well, nice little rec site there....as mentionedd mowson and pearson are worth visiting, be careful if wading the shoreline of pearson, there are some real soft spots that can be hard to get out of if alone! lol

pioneer paul in town usually has worms, shrimp and cured roe
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Pioneer Paul is still in Kamloops recovering from a stroke. Don't know who if any is minding the shop.

yes I heard that over the weekend, wasn't aware, I last saw him over may long weekend...I hope he's recovering well
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    It is unawful to: "Have any live fish in your possession in the wild, or move any live fish or live aquatic inverterbrates around the province or transplant them into any waters in BC.Do not keep angled fish alive in a "livewell" or other device or on stringers AND NEVER USE LIVE FISH AS BAIT or release your aquarium fish into the wild."

Straight out of the regs. What am i missing?
    You are not missing anything. You are bang on. No live finfish for bait in any freshwater

Friend has a cabin on seton lake so I have fished it a decent amount. Its definitely not the best lake in the area to fish but if you're already there its worth a try. All of my experience is down at the seton portage end of the lake and have had success from shore at the river mouth and around the bc hydro plant with small spoons and spinners and float fishing worms