Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pack tents?

Pack tents?

Looking at getting the MSR hubba bubba. I used to the a Go-lite but it has now seen better days and needs to be replaced. What do you use on you back pack hunts?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Pack tents?

I’ve got the Hubba (1 person). Had it for years, but I’ve only used it twice. It seems like good design/construction. Mostly good online reviews, but also some bad ones. Super light and packs small.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Nemo Hornet 2P. one of the best and lightest tents on the market

I have a Hilleberg NIAK and prefer it to any of the dozen or so packing tents I have had since 1965.

I also like the tipis, especially Seek Outside versions and the Cimarron, would be my choice here.

Nobody now makes the GT tents I used for many years, an Early Winters, an original Bibler and two original Integral designs models. I would LOVE to find an original ID MKI in "eVent", but, wealthy Asians collect this stuff and have driven the prices beyond all reason.......

I have a nemo losi storm 2P tent that isnt as well known but has been great and is well made. I have a friend who has a hilleberg and it's a great tent.

It is closer to 4 pounds if I remember correctly, so not quite as light as the hornet but worthwhile imo.

I have a Marmot Catalyst 3 person for when the wife and I are out and a Marmot Tungsten 2 man for when I'm out alone or for the kids when the whole family is out on a pack in camp together. They are both plenty light and stay bone dry even when it is wet. I looked at the MSR Hubba Hubba when I got these, but the reviews were better for the Marmots. I'm sure the MSR would be good too. Depending on what you are doing with it, I would have a look at Tarptent. They make some awesome backpack tents and have a great warranty. Made in the states. Great reviews. Good luck!

I have a nemo Morpho 2p

MSR Hubba Hubba NX is a decent tent for the size, weight and cost. My buddy and I both have them....they are light and do the the job in the rain above timberline. The dual vestibules are a must for two people using a small tent.

Marmot Nitro 2P: light at under 2 lbs, love how it doesn't have poles, use a hiking pole...and enough room to fit my gear..