Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ?Utility Trailer for Weekend Trips?

Re: ?Utility Trailer for Weekend Trips?

I am assuming you want to sleep in it? Not just organize your gear? having to set up and take down a tent every time you move is a pia... and then set it up again at home to dry it out when/if it stops raining... also a big pia. This made an enclosed utility trailer the right choice. Very basic and economical. pull up and un-hitch... go hunt.

I started out looking at small - 4x6, 4x8... They are really cramped and no room to leave both gear and bed in there when out hunting. Minimum size you need for an enclosed utility is 6x10 this will give you enough room to build shelves up front to organize gear and leave your bed set up... install E-track and you can configure bunk beds in case you bring someone with you. You will regret anything smaller. I went 6x12... and will go larger when I trade up in a few years. I like the idea of an insulated meat cooler/closet with compressor...

Make sure you get a 'man' door not a lever lock cargo door so no bad-guy can lock you in... over height roof is nice so you can stand up without hunching over and a window to make sure the coast is clear before you throw open the door. If I did it again, I'd get it insulated at the factory - sure cools off quick in October.

If you plan on getting or have an ATV, the ramp door is essential. The e Track lets me string 2x4's over the ATV and slide the 10' Marlon in on the 2x4's

there is one one here for sale a so called hunting trailer ha ha good for the lawn tractor ?

there is a nice alum. one on used Victoria your size

We switched the lightweight tires that came with the cargo trailer for regular car tires.I put in fold down bunks and a kitchen in the front of the cargo trailer ,and the quad goes in the back.Sure nice to just pull off the road and go back and sleep without setting up camp.

.........really?
    Typical passenger radial tires with flexible sidewalls can accentuate trailer sway problems. ... "Trailers will be more stable and pull better on tires designed specifically for trailer use. Since Special Trailer (ST) tires are constructed with heavier duty materials, they are tougher than typical passenger vehicle tires."
    Also consider that Special Trailer (ST), as well as Light Truck (LT) tires are fully rated for trailer applications. This means ST- and LT-sized tires can carry the full weight rating branded on the sidewalls when used on a trailer.

However when P-metric or Euro-metric tires are used on a trailer, the load capacity branded on the sidewalls must be reduced by 9%. This means P-metric or Euro-metric tires with a maximum branded load rating of 1,874 lbs. for use on a car is only rated to carry 1,705 lbs. when used on a trailer.
    just for info
    Last edited by boxhitch; 10-15-2018 at 07:56 AM.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

ST means special trailer, as in not fit for human beings to ride in. As such they are available much cheaper with higher load ratings. Truck tires are cost effective by the way.

ST tires are speed rated to a maximum of 65mph lest they fail (blow up).
    I have read enough, time to put LT tires on my cargo trailer!