Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 10 Years From Now......

10 Years From Now......

Where do you see the state of hunting in BC in 10 years? Climate change...forest fires...increased predators...FN politics...firearms politics....the Greenpeacers...Do you think your children will be hunting when they are your age??

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 10 Years From Now......

It sickens me to say I dont think they will be able hunt anywhere unless they pay guides or FN, that is if they make enough money in a country with no industry

I think hunting needs to adapt to a 2018 world in order to survive. I don't know what that adaption will be. I think us younger hunters need to figure that out (even if a few of the older generations don't care for it). Maybe it's inplace right now...slowly unraveling. I hope so.

Pretty sure ill be moving if it comes to what I think its going to .
    KEEP SHOOTING OR SHOOT A BIG GUN!!!!
    IF YOU DON'T HUNT YOU AINT RIGHT IN THE HEAD!!!!!!!!!
    A SCREAMING ELK THERE'S NOTHIN BETTER!!!!!!
    KNOW WHEN TO KEEP THE WIFE OUT OF MY HUNTING SPOTS !!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan f. View Post
    I think hunting needs to adapt to a 2018 world in order to survive. I don't know what that adaption will be. I think us younger hunters need to figure that out (even if a few of the older generations don't care for it). Maybe it's inplace right now...slowly unraveling. I hope so.
    As a younger hunter, what kind of an adaptation that needs to take place that you think that a few older hunters might not like?

10 years and it'll be a world you wouldn't recognize today. Hunting won't be a pastime, it'll be a means of survival. Both for food, and self preservation. Might take a bit more than 10 years, and that's good....more prep time.
    PAPERS! Show me YOUR PAPERS!!

I don't think crotch is the stealthiest scent for deer hunting. (Surrey Boy)

so are you gonna stop spreading it on your nuts for your dog to lick off? (monasheemountainman)

You weren't there and you didn't get a moose hoof to the balls. (300rum700)

We were saying this 10 years ago. We are still hunting today. When the vaccuming boomers are all dead, things will only get better.

Sick of whining about predators. Predators don't thrive if there is nothing to eat.

It’s obviously trending in a poor direction.
    10 years will see mass immigration and many political changes within the country and unfortunately our way of life and providing is under jeopardy.
    Hunters are the BIGGEST contributors to conservation, until this is recognized, the health of current populations of wildlife are under the same jeopardy.
    Emotins, not Science will inevitably be the demise of future species.
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

I think the biggest threat to hunting is the destruction of carrying capacity we are doing to the habitats of these animals and fish. Every year it seems there's another pressure that permanently reduces the carrying capacity of the land, like the Mt. Polley tailings pond disaster or the annual heat records being set.

^^^^or developemnt on critical winter range, just see the okanagan....

To protect hunting and our rights to hunt, I think we need a stronger voice, someone please create an organization that will represent resident hunters, stop paying your dues to the BCWF and pay it to the new organization everyone....I wish I had the knowledge and the time to start such an organization..

An organization that will promote and educate people on the North American conservation model..
    Last edited by HarryToolips; 08-31-2018 at 09:58 PM.