Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 10 Years From Now......

Re: 10 Years From Now......

Quote Originally Posted by LYKTOHUNT View Post
    It sickens me to say I dont think they will be able hunt anywhere unless they pay guides or FN, that is if they make enough money in a country with no industry
    Bingo. I’d add that while those guides may not be aboriginal the owners of those guiding companies will be.

I take every opportunity to sit in the front of the bus now because some time in the not too distant future my skin colour will only be getting me a seat on the back of that bus...

Some will say that the present movement is only trying to make everyone equal. You don’t have to look far to see many examples, especially where hunting and fishing are concerned, where that is not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Boner View Post
    As a younger hunter, what kind of an adaptation that needs to take place that you think that a few older hunters might not like?
    Your guess is as good as mine at this point haha

I do think the "Meat Eater / Steven Rinella" image could be it. I hear a lot of older guys complaining about instagram hunters, cool camo, BHA being a "green decoy" etc.... but a lot of these things are easier for the normal person to swallow and understand. I have multiple friends who like Meat Eater who don't hunt, they think First Lite and Kuiu look cool, and respect what BHA stands for. They enjoy that I post 100x more "Trophy Country" photos from my hunts, then dead animals. I think hunting will stick around. But it really is on us (the younger hunters) to figure what adaptions need to take place, and when to put our feet down and say "no". It's going to be tough walking that fence.

Quote Originally Posted by leadpillproductions View Post
    Pretty sure ill be moving if it comes to what I think its going to .
    100% my thoughts to. I will fight for what we have until the end, but the day we loose it all, and I do believe we will, in one way or another, I won’t plan on hanging around. But by then, will the rest of the world be the same way?

I miss the younger days.

Well if our gov gives all the Cariboo district to the fn's I'll be moving too. Just hope my place will be worth something when I sell.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

If Horgan, and the fed liberals remain in power, it will be doomed as above guides and indians.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check
    Made payable for an amount of 'up to
    and including my life'. That is Honor, and there are way too many people
    in This country who no longer understand it.'
    You only walk this Earth once,
    make sure your tracks are deep.

While it is a common sentiment that the BC NDP is anti hunting, I don't think it's that straightforward. I see on this bill from Andrew Weaver to reduce quotas for non resident hunter's in favor of us resident hunter's, there is a lot of NDP support and of BCL opposition.

http://www.andrewweavermla.ca/2017/0...rophy-hunters/

We don't realize how bad things are. Look back ten years and see the change from then to now. Expect the same or greater rate of change going forward. In the past ten years, I challenge you to come up with five positive things for resident hunters. Increased seasons? Open seasons instead of LEH? Increased bag limits? On the flip side, I bet we can come up with five negatives for hunters just this past year.

we don't realize how bad it is becoming because we are in the middle of it. Slow chipping away of our opportunities means we forget how good it was as each reduction becomes the new normal. We for get about the last one. Or the one before it. We have the new normal and are soon worrying about another reduction somewhere else. An example of this is the griz hunt. It's banning is our new normal and the passion is already starting to fade. The current issue is Reg 5 hunt restrictions. And mule deer bag limits. And access to burned areas.

If you were here here ten years ago, and then came back today, you would ask what the hell happened. It will be even worse the next ten years.

We are like classic experiment of the frog in the pot of water. If you put the frog in a pot of water and slowly increase the heat you can cook him and he won't struggle at all. Yet if you preheat the water and drop the frog in he will strive to escape.

our water is getting hotter.
    "You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks." - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    ^^^^or developemnt on critical winter range, just see the okanagan....

To protect hunting and our rights to hunt, I think we need a stronger voice, someone please create an organization that will represent resident hunters, stop paying your dues to the BCWF and pay it to the new organization everyone....I wish I had the knowledge and the time to start such an organization..

An organization that will promote and educate people on the North American conservation model..
    Harry I see this come up a lot ! There must be intelligent people within B.C. that could make this happen. I think they know who they are but are worried that it just might be too much work. Hope those people step up and we support them !
    Arctic Lake

Hunting in 10 years will be what we make it, starting with each of us right now.
    For myself, I'm working at hunting respectfully, so I'm only taking what I need and respecting nature and the land where I hunt.
    Respecting other hunters... if I see a vehicle or a hunter in a specific area, I move on to someplace else that day, or give them as much space as possible, something my folks taught me.
    Respecting people in my hunting area who are non hunters, give them space, be friendly... say hello, I'm the representative for all hunters in how I behave.
    Making sure I have the skill and equipment needed, and hunting within the boundaries of that skill and equipment. Is this a respectful shot, am I confident I can make it? Having faith that if I pass on a questionable shot, a better opportunity will come along....

If we're worried about what the powers that be and misinformed tree hugger's might do to hunting?..... lets remove all their reasons to have anything to do with regulating hunting by behaving in a manner that leaves them no reason for criticism. We only have governments and enforcement because there is a belief that we can't act appropriately on our own, it's time to change that.
    Educate the people around you who don't hunt and set an example they can respect and understand.

Just my two cents after two cups of coffee, moving on to number three...

I appreciate the thoughts on being a respectful hunter , however , essentially closing black bear hunting on haida gwaii, banning grizzly hunting, reducing mule deer seasons, closing vast areas to non first nations hunters , increased road closures and meat retrieval changes that favor guide outfitters over the joe average resident have nothing to do with how we conduct ourselves. It is a systematic erosion of our priveleges by gov't and special interest groups .