Thread: Best gloves for cold wet hands

Best gloves for cold wet hands

looking for info on what gloves work for folks. My hands get real cold real fast. When in cold and damp conditions...especially with lots of wet snow, it can be real challenging to keep them cold. When hunting, gloves, especially the right one, comes on and off to make calls, get in and out of a pocket or pack and it is generally easier to handle a firearm w/out a bulky glove. When taking a hand out of a glove, the hand gets wet, and when going back into the glove, now the inside is wet.

I have heard of cheap options like a Neoprene glove from Glacier. Anyone try these?

What about gloves from Kuiu or Sitka? anyone have similar issue and found a system that works...other than sucking it up...which I do a lot.

Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Best gloves for cold wet hands

I usually wear some good water proof motocross gloves ... but have heard that the brand www.sealskinz.com work well.

The best solution I have found is neoprene gloves of the sort kayakers use. Your hands will inevitably get wet so having something designed to help keep them warm when they are wet makes sense. I also carry a couple of hot hands in a plastic ziplock bag. I light them up and from the to time try and dry my hands then get some warmth back with these things.

Kuiu Yukon gloves are awsome. Warm and dry no matter how misserable it outside. There tough as nails and have a nice grip.

In perpetual cold and wet neoprene has been best for me. If it’s just cold or cold with dry snow a thin fleece glove inside a loose mitt has been best.

Quote Originally Posted by donny.brooke View Post
    Kuiu Yukon gloves are awsome. Warm and dry no matter how misserable it outside. There tough as nails and have a nice grip.
    X2 Have the Yukons and NorthStars. Over the years, have abused & beaten the piss out of the Yukons, yet they are still warm & dry. Once below freezing, I break out the North Stars for the extra warmth. Excellent gear!!

I used the glacier glove neoprene ones, I've had the most luck with them for staying warm and dryish.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Your guys neoprene gloves must be better than the Terra gloves. they are okay until you take them off once, then they are a biatch to put back on, they are so sticky inside

Cheap lined leather gloves X 2 or 3 pairs work for me
    when it gets below 0 then the Taiga overmitts come out
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

I use a pair of latex or better type (gorilla) gloves inside a pair of whatever suits what I am doing at the time gloves. If I'm working my hands get split and hurt so its a pair of work gloves, for recreating I still use a latex inside my hunting glove, big difference in warmth and keeping my hands dry.

Got my neoprenes at a kayak/rafting store. I’m not saying they’re easy to get back on but they have been the best compromise towards keeping some heat in when it’s wet non stop.