Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: McNab Creek Elk Hunt

Re: McNab Creek Elk Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by granola_eater View Post
    I'm not sure where you're thinking you'll be able to beach-land a quad anywhere on McNab, and I would really strongly advise against doing it unless you've found a specific good spot already. It's tough terrain with big impassible channels along the beach and thick forest between the beach and the road. I spend a fair amount of time over there and I would recommend that you save yourself the trouble and just find a way to unload at the Burnco dock. Can't remember how wide the cabin ramp is but I remember it as being pretty damn narrow. All I know for certain is that unless you've found a specific spot on the beach that you know is passible by quad, you should just get onto the dock. Could be a frustrating start to the trip otherwise.

And I've had some run ins with the Burnco folks over the last couple years. Definitely more touchy with the gravel pit controversy. It would be worth it to try and get some permissions I think.

Good luck. There are some big bulls over there. That's a draw I'd love to win.
    Hi and thanks for the tips. We have a cabin booked and have the use of the dock at the cabin side. The boat we have bringing the quads in is a small front ramp landing craft. Should be able to beach close to the dock area and unload. Thanks and i will be posting some pics and info for future LEH winners.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluidp View Post
    I have looked at the sonar charts at McNab and they drop off quite quick. I will watch the ropes, And as far as the crabbing, I just filleted 10 sockey today for smoking and the backbones will make great crab bait. Thanks for the heads up
    Wiskas catfood tins, fish blend for prawns

Quote Originally Posted by Fluidp View Post
    Hi and thanks for the tips. We have a cabin booked and have the use of the dock at the cabin side. The boat we have bringing the quads in is a small front ramp landing craft. Should be able to beach close to the dock area and unload. Thanks and i will be posting some pics and info for future LEH winners.
    Ah, OK, that makes more sense. I was picturing you trying to do it the hard way to the west of the private area. Glad to hear you have a plan worked out. Good luck! Excited to hear back about how it goes.

Any updates on how this hunt went?

Just wondering if this hunt happened?

If there’s no reply it means he smoked a monster and is trying to keep it quiet....

WSSBC Monarch Silver Member
    WSF Summit Life Member
    RMGA Life Member

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

What the f—k does that ^^^^^^^have to do with anything. Least of all an elk hunt.

okay??? thats messed.

Classic python. Love it