Thread: What you poking holes in critters with?

What you poking holes in critters with?

Just trying to get excited about bow season, so let's hear what you're pushing with your stick and string?

I've changed my set up slightly with Behman ICS Precision shafts pushing a 125 grain Slick Trick standards.

Total weight 480 grains at about 280 fps.
    Yup, that coiler is a personal best...

2. Site Sponsor

Re: What you poking holes in critters with?

Black Eagle Renegades 400's, they carry a 50gr stainless steel insert/outsert and 125grs of stinger in front of that for 175grs total, one stringer wraps and Ozark Feathers. Not weighed them actually but I think they are in the ballpark of 450 total .......or chrono'd it for that matter but I'm well happy with my entire rig for this season.

I'm out with a two piece Cari-bow Amisk longbow 64" 45#@28" giving me around 50 on my fingers, getting a very flat trajectory right out to a 30yd point on and really good & noticeable penetration.
    Either way, I shot the Logan Lake 3D last weekend with it and I'm not concerned about anything but myself now!

Them Bemans are awesome, my two deer I have taken with a stick bow were taken with ICS bowhunters.

Cool Re: What you poking holes in critters with?

19 & 1/4 inch Custom Zombie Slayers with Luminoks, and brass fronts - built specifically to stabilize 125 grain broadheads to extreme range. 2" Blazers with both helical & offset. These are literally darts to 100 yards. 400 grains full dressed. 125 grain Spitfires up front. Boogieing along just over 365 feet per second.

Deadly!

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Good luck fellas. A good variety of deadly tools being put into play.
    Yup, that coiler is a personal best...

Can't remember the arrows I'm using but I use 125 gr. broad heads, shot from my 55# Sage Samick recurve..

Port ordford cedar self nocked and nock end tapered, 125gr ACE broadhead, total arrow weight about 510gr with a hair under 14% FOC. Coming out of a 50 pound OMP Smokey Mountain Hunter.

Zombie Slayers cut to 19-1/2" with offset SK-300 vanes & 92gr. brass inserts with Ramcat 125's moving around 350 fps

Black Eagle Carnivores at 30" 100 grain Grim Reaper Razor Cuts

Poking holes no but scared the feathers off of a few grouse with my 55# PSE mustang recurve