Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: First Nation Issues

Re: First Nation Issues

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    A guy would have to have the Canadian constitution in one hand, copies of who has treaties and who doesn't to either agree or disagree with the points David made.
    Then along would come the lawyers...who will always keep agreement disagreement.
    Nog, you and I will never live long enough to see all the rights and wrongs ironed out in this issue.
    You're optimistic my friend, I don't think my grandchildren will see it. First things need to go to shits, before the common sense prevails and things get ironed out back to "proper".
    Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it.

Ayn Rand

[QUOTE=David;2030352]

How soon until the majority has some First Nations blood, or on the opposite end a "blood quantum" to be defined as First Nations is re-introduced (did you know in the school system if you "identify" as First Nations you are considered First Nations?)
    QUOTE]

Just to qualify the absurdity, if you or any of your children in the current BC/Alta school system "identify" as a Unicorn pooping rainbows, you are then considered and treated accordingly as a Unicorn pooping rainbows.

For an interesting read look up Ontario Iroquois nations struggles with "blood quantum" in the mid nineties, turned many a "first nation" against eachother and threatened the actual legal existence of certain "reserves" in the area.
    "Just ask anybody who packs a 338... the 30-06 will bounce off a grizzly!"

"I am not here to awaken sheep, I am here to awaken sleeping lions" Husky7mm

Pemby_mess Guest

One thing that seems confusing for some, is there are rights distributed to individuals, under the indian act, and common law that pertains to a "first nation" as a legal collective entity. Not the same thing.

Pemby_mess Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Xenomorph View Post
    You're optimistic my friend, I don't think my grandchildren will see it. First things need to go to shits, before the common sense prevails and things get ironed out back to "proper".
    if you could unambiguously define "proper", that would be tremendous, thanks.

One family - A dad, a mom - 2 sons and 2 daughters -- Mom Indian dad German -- for instance -- mixed blood (Metis)
    1. one son can be darker then the others, one girl can have natural blonde hair, one can have raven black color.
    2. one can laugh like their dad, one smiles just like it's momma - getting the picture?
    3. one wars like her mom, gotta real worked up existence, dee udder? Calm as a lark.
    4. one son hunts just like his dad, it should be clear as a bell by now? Ding Dong!

Jelly Bones n Blood -- My name cood b Judd or Jake, Ruby or Snake -- Look like who ever -- dna and blood -- I don't live in Flood, I got Hope, in Looey Creek! Hahaha
    ---------------------------> Mule deer Zeek says, " High Folks Good Luck Eh! " Some big bucks on the ridges flolks, mule deer -- --
    Last edited by Jelvis; 08-30-2018 at 01:47 PM. Reason: MULE DEER are thee perfect wild animal in the world

Ok, fine they have their own rights cool...can they please exercise these rights without using the infrastructure built by "Canadian public", they wanna be seperate and yet use our roads, power, hospitals? Shouldn't be cherry picking what rules you wanna follow that benefit you and then claim to seperate when it benefits you. Exercise your right on your reserves than.

Hmm some bands are on board..consulation eventually becomes extortion..how much consultation..indian group just said no amount ..we will always be against this..hmmm that doesnt sound like they are open to this consultstion process..
    Feds should just change the law..and go ahead with the pipeline.
    Steven

. First Nations have first right to resources
    Yep, I agree, but who give them the right to use our technology?

Indians work for Highways and the BC and Federal gov'ts. like all udderz. Hint - some are cops and c.o.s also -- fisheries people - on and on
    Built those highways too not just you Mosin Hahahahaha
    Indians are Canadian Army Vets also
    ---Indians are now computer brains with cell phones and can cut, paste and not waste whoa!

Jel -- Indians have worked with others for hundreds of years building the infrastructure and the Fraser Canyon routes, and the Coke also - on and on
    Last edited by Jelvis; 08-30-2018 at 01:58 PM. Reason: HBC sticks together and helps hunters

No reason this can be discussed without getting locked and it turn into name calling and such.

My post is generalizing I know but I stand by it, semantics aside. I tried to put it in plain terms. It is extremely convoluted and complex. Treaties in some areas none in others but still rights. This can go down numerous rabbit holes but I think understanding the big picture is important.

So lets discuss this topic:

Can this change?

My opinion is no. If new PM comes in and says "NO MORE WE ARE ONE COUNTRY" and everything passes and new law is in place. I think FN's will just fight it in court and they will win. I think they will win because of how the country was settled.

England did not come over here and conquer the Indians. We are not where we are because we feel bad about what we did. Agreements were made nation to nation (treaties) and proclamations were made that said we would not steal FN land. When the courts make decision they go back to this stuff. You do not have to have be part of a treaty to have rights.