Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: First Nation Issues

Pemby_mess Guest

Re: First Nation Issues

Quote Originally Posted by silvertipp View Post
    care to elaborate never heard of such a thing
    FN obviously have both FN commercial catch quotas, and standard commercial catch quotas. Therefore allowed to sell salmon by right. What, you think every Indian looking person selling fish, is doing so illegally?

You're ok with non- indigenous selling fish, but not FN doing the exact.same.thing? Why is that?

Pemby_mess Guest

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmmm Notley should completely shut off ALL oil ..and fuels to BC..that should wipe the smirk off whoregan and basket weavers face...18 bands with just say no attitudes..compared to all of BC and Canadas needs..turdeau needs to change tge laws..legislation..get it built..so the Conservatives can win the next federal election..
    Steven
    Obviously I think we should find a way to get the pipeline built. However cutting off land based crude delivery from a major port wouldn't accomplish much for Alberta's interests.

Pemby_mess Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Xenomorph View Post
    Inherently oozing common sense, rules abided and respected by all.
    I think that is what the FN themselves are subjectively targeting as a goal.

If everyone obeys one law and never breaks it, then we cood save millions on police, Eh? Hell if no one hurt themselves, we woodn't need hospitals either Eh?
    Jel -- starting to sound like you now Hahahahaha " If Wishes were Horses , many woody ride " ---
    Last edited by Jelvis; 08-30-2018 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Carry on my wayward son

Quote Originally Posted by Pemby_mess View Post
    You're going to have a very different perspective on the UN if we end up on the planetary dark side of an authoritarian US, and China looking for new expansion opportunities.
    LOL, besides that.

Indians going to hire Donny Trump to do thee negotiations Hahahahahaha after Nafta yah get the new one called, " Shafta "
    Jel Hahahaha -- we went from NAFTA tah SHAFTA so FASTAH -- now I'm PLASTAHED ! SHAFTA with Donny and Danny -- Jist jokin folks don't flip ok?
    Last edited by Jelvis; 08-30-2018 at 05:58 PM. Reason: DONNY DUZ DAH DEALING

Maple Ridge, Horse Lake but sometimes the dog house

This road that the Provincial and Federal governments are blithely traipsing down is creating more resentment, not tolerance.
    Cody: It's a pretty cool sidearm you got there. What is it?
    Four Leaf Tayback: I don't know what it's called. I just know the sound it makes when it takes a man's life.

Marvin Boggs

Frank, I never thought I'd say this again. I'm getting the pig!
    Frank, we gotta get rid of this broad. I know a great place up the road. Lots of alligators.

Marvin: If there's one thing I know, it's women and covert operations.
    Frank: Marvin, that's two things.
    Han Cho Bai: No, grasshopper. It is not.

I tell people and Grumpa I gotta tell you too, blaming the BC Government imho is wrong! Blaming the Feds and Justine for the way you feel inside with resentment, and it,s causing no contentment only confusion, with obstrusion and the same ol same ol --
    Jello - Hello? -- It's not Justeen or Horgan's Heroes either or Gordiver --
    Last edited by Jelvis; 08-30-2018 at 06:18 PM. Reason: JUSTINE CASTROSIS

Maple Ridge, Horse Lake but sometimes the dog house

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    I tell people and Grumpa I gotta tell you too, blaming the BC Government imho is wrong! Blaming the Feds and Justine for the way you feel inside with resentment, and it;s causing confusion, why is that?
    Jello - Hello? -- It's not Justeen or Horgan's Heroes either or Gordiver --
    If you just examine a few of the major news stories and the trends in education it is easy to see why people are getting resentful

-The removal of J.A. MacDonald's statue in Victoria.
    -as soon as there is any issue involving "caucasians" and First Nations the race card is played against the "caucasians".
    -The elimination of the Grizzly hunt.
    -Yesterday's suspension of LEH and moose hunting in the Chilcotin for any but First Nations.
    -The ongoing, perceived or real, salmon fishing disputes.
    -The ruling against the Trans Mountain Pipeline Expansion.
    -Implementation of First Nations English 12 and Socials 12 classes and the need to include a large percentage of First Nations books in general English classes.
    -Naming all new schools using First Nations names. Ironic because this horrible education system is always blamed for the failure of First Nations youth.
    -The forced implementation of First Nations cultural ceremonies and constant reminder of the "unceded" land that everything is built on. This smudging is supposed to be strictly voluntary (straight from the lips of a First Nations individual) yet at every municipal or provincial gathering the standard speech is given without offering to excuse those that do not wish to be present. I am forced to go through it every time there is a gathering in the school district, many insisting on holding hands, not going to do it. If I were to walk out I can only imagine the repercussions.

It may sound like I am a grumpy old man but it (grumpy) is far from the truth. I have historically been extremely tolerant and sympathetic but I am becoming extremely tired of being made to feel shame about what happened centuries ago. Who is advocating and crying for the Celts, Druids, Gauls, Hittites, Philistines, Carthaginians and any other ethnic group that have been assimilated or "cleansed" over the course of history? Activists are only too happy to say to give everything back to the First Nations but when queried if they own property why they don't sign the deed back over to the local band, they stammer that that won't happen. Let's see how the overwhelming majority would feel if the government mandated all property be transferred to FNs.

Just my take on where this politically correct path is taking people.
    Cody: It's a pretty cool sidearm you got there. What is it?
    Four Leaf Tayback: I don't know what it's called. I just know the sound it makes when it takes a man's life.

Marvin Boggs

Frank, I never thought I'd say this again. I'm getting the pig!
    Frank, we gotta get rid of this broad. I know a great place up the road. Lots of alligators.

Marvin: If there's one thing I know, it's women and covert operations.
    Frank: Marvin, that's two things.
    Han Cho Bai: No, grasshopper. It is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpa Joe View Post
    If you just examine a few of the major news stories and the trends in education it is easy to see why people are getting resentful

-The removal of J.A. MacDonald's statue in Victoria.
    -as soon as there is any issue involving "caucasians" and First Nations the race card is played against the "caucasians".
    -The elimination of the Grizzly hunt.
    -Yesterday's suspension of LEH and moose hunting in the Chilcotin for any but First Nations.
    -The ongoing, perceived or real, salmon fishing disputes.
    -The ruling against the Trans Mountain Pipeline Expansion.
    -Implementation of First Nations English 12 and Socials 12 classes and the need to include a large percentage of First Nations books in general English classes.
    -Naming all new schools using First Nations names. Ironic because this horrible education system is always blamed for the failure of First Nations youth.
    -The forced implementation of First Nations cultural ceremonies and constant reminder of the "unceded" land that everything is built on. This smudging is supposed to be strictly voluntary (straight from the lips of a First Nations individual) yet at every municipal or provincial gathering the standard speech is given without offering to excuse those that do not wish to be present. I am forced to go through it every time there is a gathering in the school district, many insisting on holding hands, not going to do it. If I were to walk out I can only imagine the repercussions.

It may sound like I am a grumpy old man but it (grumpy) is far from the truth. I have historically been extremely tolerant and sympathetic but I am becoming extremely tired of being made to feel shame about what happened centuries ago. Who is advocating and crying for the Celts, Druids, Gauls, Hittites, Philistines, Carthaginians and any other ethnic group that have been assimilated or "cleansed" over the course of history? Activists are only too happy to say to give everything back to the First Nations but when queried if they own property why they don't sign the deed back over to the local band, they stammer that that won't happen. Let's see how the overwhelming majority would feel if the government mandated all property be transferred to FNs.

Just my take on where this politically correct path is taking people.
    Yep, good points..
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..