Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: First Nation Issues

Re: First Nation Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_29 View Post
    Not even one mention of civil war? I'm impressed haha
    Maybe there's no need to "mention" it.

And maybe it's not so f***ing funny....

Why would there be a civil war, unless you mean among First Nations? Many of the bands along the route were in favour of the pipeline and what it would bring to there community. They were poised to receive significant infrastructure upgrades, jobs, general income. All gone because of 18 (I believe that is the number of bands who filed suits, please correct me if I am wrong) were opposed. There were more than that in Alberta alone who supported it, plus the ones in BC who had signed. What are they to do now?

For all the pomp and bluster that gets tossed around in this site 99% of the people here support First Nation rights on hunting and fishing and consultation. No one wants to see what the mistakes of the past repeated or compounded. But the reality is the vast, vast majority of humans will look after their own best interests and when 96% are having jobs taken, prices sky, schools closed, taxes increased all so a select minority of the percent of the other 4% can get there way something is going to happen. Civil war? Doubtful, but something.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

I think we're only seeing the tip of the iceberg on these issues. Gonna get a lot worse before we see any improvement, if that's even possible (improvement, I mean)

10 years from now if white guy wants to hunt, better divorce his wife and marry one with a status card.

Quote Originally Posted by BromBones View Post
    I think we're only seeing the tip of the iceberg on these issues. Gonna get a lot worse before we see any improvement, if that's even possible (improvement, I mean)

10 years from now if white guy wants to hunt, better divorce his wife and marry one with a status card.
    Or pay "trespass" fees to the natives
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

The Province is committed to reconciliation and adherence to the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.
    ^^^^^^^
    I copied this statement from the province in the thread started by tinhorse
    This is the problem here,,, remind me why we are listening to the UN?

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by BromBones View Post

I hate to say it but you are spot on, its just starting.......and going to get extremely ugly, I feel terrible for future generations in this country
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by Pemby_mess View Post
    if you could unambiguously define "proper", that would be tremendous, thanks.
    Inherently oozing common sense, rules abided and respected by all.
    Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it.

Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Pemby_mess View Post
    Yes.....you were unaware
    care to elaborate never heard of such a thing

Hmmm Notley should completely shut off ALL oil ..and fuels to BC..that should wipe the smirk off whoregan and basket weavers face...18 bands with just say no attitudes..compared to all of BC and Canadas needs..turdeau needs to change tge laws..legislation..get it built..so the Conservatives can win the next federal election..
    Steven

Pemby_mess Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    The Province is committed to reconciliation and adherence to the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.
    ^^^^^^^
    I copied this statement from the province in the thread started by tinhorse
    This is the problem here,,, remind me why we are listening to the UN?
    You're going to have a very different perspective on the UN if we end up on the planetary dark side of an authoritarian US, and China looking for new expansion opportunities.