Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: First Nation Issues

Re: First Nation Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Pemby_mess View Post
    No, you are reframing my argument in a way that it was never made. I never claimed that some Indians don't sell fish in contravention of the laws governing that activity, which is the straw man you're responding to above. My response was initially correcting your apparently mistaken understanding of the rights "indians" have to sell fish. You claimed you were unaware of an 'indian's right to sell fish'. I wanted to clarify that some commercial fisherman with a right to sell fish are also status indians, and that some bands have traditional commercial catch quotas, outside of commercial openings, thereby also giving them the legal "right' to sell fish under those circumstances.

So since you, deliberately or not, gave the impression that you were unaware of those two legal commercial conditions, i feel that it was was fair to assume you were also unaware that just because you've seen an indian selling fish, doesn't necessarily mean that they were doing so in contravention of the relevant laws. If you made an error in the communication of your true understanding that is fine, I just thought it was a good opportunity to correct a pervasive myth seemingly held by non-indigenous people wrt indians selling fish.
    This is where I call bullshat
    you new exactly what I was talking about
    you just like to argue or debate As you would say
    I'm done wasting
    my time with you

. It would also help the DFO enforce the existing regulations more efficiently, instead of having people cry wolf constantly on account of ignorance in the regulations they are reporting violations of.[/QUOTE]
    Wrong the dfo cannot do anything to them
    the courts simply through it out

The Musqeum band is one with a fairly large traditional commercial quota. Did you ask to see the licence the fish were caught under? It seems kind of unfair to perpetuate the assumption the fish you saw being sold were in fact illegal, without proof to back up the allegation. I'm not saying your interpretation is necessarily inaccurate; just that it might be nice to develop the habit of asking questions prior to labelling someone a criminal simply because of their complexion and the neighbourhood they happen to be in. It would also help the DFO enforce the existing regulations more efficiently, instead of having people cry wolf constantly on account of ignorance in the regulations they are reporting violations of.
    Wow really, so you think it's a possibility the gentlemen selling salmon out of a bag at a driving range may have been doing so legally ??? I find that really disturbing, I work in a food industry and from a Food Safe perspective alone it is not ok to sell people salmon out of a bag on a golf course....It's down right dangerous...I don't care what your "rights" are !!!

I want all of you members to look up the word -- ASS SUME ---Hahahahaha Assumption -- easy to do, done all the time!
    Jel - I do it, you do it he does it, she does it -- makes an ASS out of U and ME ------Hahahaha -------- ---------------------

LOL Pemby is the troll king of HBC. Always trying to baffle with BS, arguing everything, maintaining the hallmarks of a social warrior.

I think his indian name is Circle-Talker.....
    "From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo

Pemby_mess Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Islander30 View Post
    Wow really, so you think it's a possibility the gentlemen selling salmon out of a bag at a driving range may have been doing so legally ??? I find that really disturbing, I work in a food industry and from a Food Safe perspective alone it is not ok to sell people salmon out of a bag on a golf course....It's down right dangerous...I don't care what your "rights" are !!!
    fine, i agree with that. However that is for a debate over foodsafe legislation. An argument i suspect you would win. Unfortunately it doesn't have anything to do with selling fish under a commercial licence or not. So if you called the DFO to report the guy for selling fish out of a bag, I'd imagine they would tell you that you're calling the wrong people and they don't care. It would be better to synthesize the nature of your complaint more coherently.

Ie;

"can i se the licence the fish were caught under? I don't support the illegal monetization of our resources' Yes + no problem on the DFO front. No = call DFO
    "Can I see your foodsafe certificate or whatever, I don't support the unhygienic sale of food' Yes - call the foodsafe certificate people to report the offence in contravention of best practices, NO- buyer beware, you're on a reserve not accountable to provincial health inspection.

They're different issues as they relate to the sale of fish. Your grievance has nothing to do with race yet you're awkwardly trying to conflate them. You and I both wouldn't buy a fish from a guy holding up a plastic bag on a hot sunny day. The difference is I am not going to refuse to buy a fish simply because the guy is an Indian on the assumption that his fish are illegal to sell.

fine, i agree with that. However that is for a debate over foodsafe legislation. An argument i suspect you would win. Unfortunately it doesn't have anything to do with selling fish under a commercial licence or not. So if you called the DFO to report the guy for selling fish out of a bag, I'd imagine they would tell you that you're calling the wrong people and they don't care. It would be better to synthesize the nature of your complaint more coherently.

Ie;

"can i se the licence the fish were caught under? I don't support the illegal monetization of our resources' Yes + no problem on the DFO front. No = call DFO
    "Can I see your foodsafe certificate or whatever, I don't support the unhygienic sale of food' Yes - call the foodsafe certificate people to report the offence in contravention of best practices, NO- buyer beware, you're on a reserve not accountable to provincial health inspection.

They're different issues as they relate to the sale of fish. Your grievance has nothing to do with race yet you're awkwardly trying to conflate them. You and I both wouldn't buy a fish from a guy holding up a plastic bag on a hot sunny day. The difference is I am not going to refuse to buy a fish simply because the guy is an Indian on the assumption that his fish are illegal to sell.
    If he's selling fish out of a bag on a hot golf course then he's abusing the commercial license and it should be taken away, so DFO should care and the two are related. In fact any authority called about the situation should care, he could kill someone with his stinky bag of fish !

Trying to make this out like it's something new, an Indian selling salmon is the part that should be looked at. It's been happening since the 1800's in BC.
    -- The guy wandering is either real young or just playing hard to get along with, Playing Stoopid, and Winning Big Time!
    - we know who the avatar belongs to,
    - likes to play tuff guy on line
    --- " People are all tuff behind an avatar "-- quote --by ---> Mike Tyson <---
    Jelly Tyz Son --- > all avatars are tuff Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Mike -- Iron Mike!
    Last edited by Jelvis; 08-31-2018 at 12:32 PM. Reason: JUSTINE CASTROSIS

Arrow Re: First Nation Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    i figure that the two of you are young enough to witness a civil war.
    "Witness"? LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by weatherby_man View Post
    LOL Pemby is the troll king of HBC. Always trying to baffle with BS, arguing everything, maintaining the hallmarks of a social warrior.

I think his indian name is Circle-Talker.....
    On other fronts I see our self-professed Ex-Spurt on every and anything once again has taken to pontificate to the extreme. And continues to toss in as much belittlement as he can sneak in while doing so. Obvious mistake removing his IGNORE status, so back to the closet (where he obviously belongs) he goes once again...

Carry On...

Cheers,
    Nog
    Last edited by IronNoggin; 09-01-2018 at 12:20 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    Trying to make this out like it's something new, an Indian selling salmon is the part that should be looked at.
    -- The guy wandering is either real young or just playing hard to get along with
    - we know who the avatar belongs to,
    - likes to play tuff guy
    --- people are all tuff behind an avatar -- quote --by ---> Mike Tyson
    Jelly Tyz Son --- > all avatars are tuff Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Mike -- Iron Mike!

Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black