Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: EARLY Reg 5 LEH Closed.

Re: EARLY Reg 5 LEH Closed.

This just in from Region 5, seems like they wish to close part of the LEH East of the Fraser as well. I have a draw in that zone and will be going unless the Provincial Government closes it.

https://www.100milefreepress.net/new...oose-hunt-ban/

I found the map on the government website. I'm assuming that its the outline of last years fire in the area.

WTF....trying to take more control of a species that was never an integral part of their culture and didn't even inhabit much of that area until after 1910 or there about. We can only get one mule deer now in the zone we live in and now may not be able to go after the leh moose we won draws for....disgusting. Our government better make some reasonable decisions soon about hunting or like others have said, the poaching of all species will soon become much more common than it already is. I sure don't want to see hunters more frustrated than we already are now.....

Several First Nations communities are joining together to ban all limited-entry hunts (LEH) for moose within their respective territories in B.C.’s Interior. Image submitted

B.C. Interior First Nations announce limited-entry moose hunt ban

Citing struggling moose populations and the unprecedented 2017 wildfires, First Nations are extending a moratorium on 2018 moose hunt

Several First Nations communities in B.C.’s Interior are joining together to ban all limited-entry hunts (LEH) for moose within their respective territories this fall.
    The Tŝilhqot’in Nation and Southern Dãkelh Nation Alliance (SDNA) shared a map in a press release Wednesday showing the area included in the ban.
    It encompasses from Vanderhoof and Prince George in the north to Valemount in the east, just east of Bella Coola in the west and areas southwest of Williams Lake near Tl’esqox (Riske Creek), Tl’etinqox (Anaham), Tsideldel (Redstone) and Xeni Gwet’in (Nemiah Valley).
    “We have been left with no alternative but to close our territory to the moose hunt,” said chief Betty Cahoose, Southern Dakelh Nation Alliance.
    “Moose are integral to our people — we have relied on our moose for generations. When our moose suffer, our people suffer. We are pleased to work with our neighbours on this vital issue. This isn’t about boundaries. This is about preserving and revitalizing a species that is crucial to all of our communities.”
    Read more: Sportsmen’s association supports moose ban out west for all
    Tsilhqot’in National Government tribal chairman chief Joe Alphonse said they are conducting a review of their legal options and looking at a possible legal challenge against the provincial decision to continue the LEH hunt.
    “In the end, it’s going to be the nation picking up the pieces from the fallout of B.C.’s mismanagement of moose,” Alphonse said. “We welcome all other First Nations to join us in this effort.”
    The announcement comes a week after the government announced closures and restrictions to several limited-entry moose hunts in the Chilcotin this fall.
    In a news release, the ministry said they were taking the additional steps after a decade-long population decline, wildfire impacts and concerns from First Nations.
    Read more: Government announces restrictions to Chilcotin moose hunts this fall
    The Tŝilhqot’in and Dãkelh said their citizens are deciding not to exercise their Aboriginal rights to hunt moose and are going without this main source of food for the winter.
    Chief Stuart Alec, Southern Dakelh Nation Alliance, said conditions have been worsening every year.
    “At this crucial time, we cannot afford to have the pressure on our moose populations increase. We look to the Province and hunters to respect this closure and to aid in our recovery efforts.”

Hope you don't barf up your dinner...
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

I've got a draw for that area also and going first 2 weeks of November.
    There's a time to hunt, and then there's a time to hunt time to hunt.

same here JAYDEE, first 2 weeks of nov for me. Coincides with my deer leh....

What a bunch of phucking bullschitt

What a bunch of pure crap this is, there goes my draw , they dont give shit about moose conservation only power and revenge

FN’S, aren’t really first at anything. They aren’t the first to have inhabited British Columbia, not even close. Culturally speaking it reminds me of an old story my oldest great,great elder uncle once told me.

Went like this,a bunch of crows made a living off the land, eating other birds eggs, and anything else they could find.
    They worked hard and adapted. One day they were given all they could eat, on one condition.
    They would have to clip their wings. This worried some in the flock as their ability to adapt would be gone.

But the lure of a never ending supply of easy food tipped the scale, and the race was on.
    The crows took all that was offered and then took more, and more. Soon there was no more to take or to give.
    Blacktailaholic

-- That's when the crows crow so loud your nay bores report you to the City By-Law
    - When you stop the handouts the crow wakes the whole area up real loud like with his and her buddy's
    Jel -- I know I feed my special ravens the family for decades - and some times they come up to the window and make a noise, whoa! They come up to the window.
    Last edited by Jelvis; 09-05-2018 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Ravens Rule the Roost