Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 5-12B shut down for motor vehicles

Re: 5-12B shut down for motor vehicles

Only trouble as I see it that concerns me when dealing with any game laws or trespassing or whad ever?
    1. Online and on phones etc people say lots of things on here for instance, showing they'll make a final stand no one is stopping me under whose and what on and on.

2. In reality when face to face, totally different, the person on line by themselves or with only one buddy out on a fsr stopped for a minute by someone in a official pick up, won't talk like that.

The best way for a hunter to show how they feel, about all this back road stuff, and talks defiant and can't wait for a confrontation and is angry already

-- Drive out in hunting season into the Secwepemc territotry, anywhere that is a problem to you, and when you see or talk to the patrol team talk to them like here.

See what will actually happen and be the one being used to set that court case up! Cops callled etc

Jel -- people went to court to stop Trans Mtn -- used themselves to be charged and taken to court -- now thee others can see what happens, don't need too.

It's thee only way because each and every body's own personal opinions can't always find happy hunting grounds!

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlt1 View Post
    So there is a "closure" for licensed hunters with an LEH..... and yet there are "no restrictions to First Nations Hunters".

There is a phrase that is becoming prevalent these days, and it seems very appropriate here.... "**** That Shit"

Extremely frustrating to see political decisions and policies like this. It makes no sense to restrict the rights of law abiding hunters that participate under an already regulated system, when there is no recognition of the impact that FN hunting has on conservation in this province. Blows my mind that government restricts a handful of hunters when many more moose are slaughtered by FN including cows and calves even in the off season. I'm no biologist but i'm pretty sure the impact of this is much more severe on the long term management of moose or any game in this province. Restricting LEH draws. Shortening the regular moose hunting season. Whats next?

Its sounding a lot like the "Gun control" decisions being made by our governments these days. There is little to no focus on the illegal guns being smuggled across our borders, yet the government would like to impose further restrictions or bans on law abiding gun owners. Starting to sound a lot like the long gun registry and the lessons that today's governments didn't learn from that. It failed because it wasn't effective at what it was intended to do. And yet the government continues to use the same emotion based, politically driven decisions. Its disgusting how uninformed government decisions are these days. Its all about politics with no logic or consultation in the decision process. This is what scares me the most and should scare each and everyone of us!!! Whats next? This is something we should all ask ourselves and take action and speak up to make sure that our voice is heard. Otherwise there wont be much of any hunting in this province and gun ownership will be a thing of the past.

Federal court quashes Trans Mountain pipeline expansion
    https://globalnews.ca/news/4418485/t...federal-court/

In a unanimous decision by a panel of three judges, the court says the National Energy Board’s review of the project was so flawed that the federal government could not rely on it as a basis for its decision to approve the expansion.

The court also concludes that the federal government failed in its duty to engage in meaningful consultations with First Nations before giving the green light to the project.
    Last edited by Sirloin; 08-30-2018 at 09:52 AM.

guest Guest

With ZERO accountability of most FNs ........ Just how are OUR wildlife populations to be managed properly.
    PATHETIC ! Is the only word to discribe the lack of MANAGEMENT AND ACCOUNTABILITY by this government.
    Same old same old.
    And ya wonder why theirs Racism. Duh !
    one law for ALL. ACCOUNTABILITY BY ALL ...... Until then....... Continue to manage to ZERO

This beyond absolute horsesh*t. Such a slap in the face. And allowing them to help enforce it and stop people? Ya, good luck with that.

This is the result of "George Heyman" being elected folks.
    He is bad news.

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    Only trouble as I see it that concerns me when dealing with any game laws or trespassing or whad ever?
    1. Online and on phones etc people say lots of things on here for instance, showing they'll make a final stand no one is stopping me under whose and what on and on.

2. In reality when face to face, totally different, the person on line by themselves or with only one buddy out on a fsr stopped for a minute by someone in a official pick up, won't talk like that.

The best way for a hunter to show how they feel, about all this back road stuff, and talks defiant and can't wait for a confrontation and is angry already

-- Drive out in hunting season into the Secwepemc territotry, anywhere that is a problem to you, and when you see or talk to the patrol team talk to them like here.

See what will actually happen and be the one being used to set that court case up! Cops callled etc

Jel -- people went to court to stop Trans Mtn -- used themselves to be charged and taken to court -- now thee others can see what happens, don't need too.

It's thee only way because each and every body's own personal opinions can't always find happy hunting grounds!
    I see you can write seriously when you want, because its no joke and tempers could flair if emotions get it the way, thats why acting out of emotion is a bad idea in any life situation.

My letter to the Minister:

Sir,

I’m writing today to express my concerns about your government’s continued practice of using wildlife management as a tool for reconciliation with First Nations and fulfillment of the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous People.

While reconciliation is important and necessary, the practice of using wildlife management as a tool to achieve reconciliation is not appropriate. This practice does not permit wildlife management decisions to be made with input from all stakeholders, it allows for other agendas to have a potentially negative effect on management outcomes, and it fosters divisiveness between various community members and stakeholders.

In short, the practice is harming effective wildlife management and causing divisiveness.

The statement made by your government regarding hunting closures in Region 5 make it clear that wildlife management is a second priority behind reconciliation with First Nations. Your government’s statement on the closure and restrictions includes the following:

The Motor Vehicle for Hunting Prohibition is a result of deliberations between First Nations and the Province to address concerns related to decreasing moose populations over the past decade and increased vulnerability of moose to hunting due to extreme wildfires, especially the wildfires from the summer of 2017. The Province has made a commitment to reconciliation and the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous People, and this closure moves towards fulfillment of that commitment.

Provisions in the Wildlife Act empower the Government to restrict First Nations hunting and fishing activities should it become necessary for conservation reasons. If restrictions are put in place for conservation reasons, the government should use the power afforded them by the Wildlife Act and invoke the restrictions for all hunting and fishing.

I remind you that your government has a legal duty of care to wildlife management. No such legal duty exists for your government to implement recommendations of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission nor the mandate of the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous People. As is currently stands, it would be reasonable to suggest that your government is failing in its legal duty of care toward wildlife management in pursuit of political goals that are not required by law.

I’m asking your government to abandon the use of wildlife management as a tool of reconciliation and focus on your legal duty of care as it pertains to wildlife management. I’m also requesting that should restrictions to hunting and fishing be necessary for conservation purposes, that your government use the power afforded by the Wildlife Act and apply the restrictions to everyone.

Kind Regards,

Very good northernguy

Excellent northernguy