Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heading solo to 7B for moose/elk sept 20ish

Re: Heading solo to 7B for moose/elk sept 20ish

Thx for the info .Im thinking we have almost a month before the trip so things should be opened up by then and fire finished.Talked to someone at Takla first nation so will wait for a call back.Last i heard the barge over from Granisle wasnt treating hunters that well we may have to find out for ourselves,i know where the gate is on that side
    and even if locked its easy to get around.

takla
    Last edited by Takla; 08-29-2018 at 02:26 PM.
    Pemby Quote: "Ah well ,cant be perfect" .... " sometimes i think that this tread is actually a wormhole to another dimension"

I couldnt agree more. I came close to giving a boxing lesson to a log truck driver on that barge two years ago. Although it sure makes for a shorter drive compared to Middle river way.

Quote Originally Posted by bloody bellies View Post
    hunted tommy lakes area 2 years ago, LOTS of wolves, took shots at wolves 3 different days, Black bears are like rats, very good chance you would knock down smokey, we didn't see any moose, access to tommy lakes is by foot, there are few areas around where we saw beds but no moose, their there just gotta be lucky, tough go without quad. this time of year access around the lakes are swampy, we didn't see elk but supposidley there, tommy lakes isn't by pink mountain the turn off is aprox 15min past wonowon. then aprox 120k in, good luck
    Thanks for the tips! I might try Chetwynd area if i have time

There was a fairly large fire in Tommy Lakes back in May — I'm not sure how that would impact access/hunting. There is another fire burning right now (23,000 ha) to the northeast of Tommy Lakes.

Quote Originally Posted by 2chodi View Post
    There was a fairly large fire in Tommy Lakes back in May — I'm not sure how that would impact access/hunting. There is another fire burning right now (23,000 ha) to the northeast of Tommy Lakes.
    Yes thats the Silver lk fire. That one is also a concern but apparently they have the west side of it under control.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakofox View Post
    Yes thats the Silver lk fire. That one is also a concern but apparently they have the west side of it under control.
    Yes, and the weather is a lot cooler now up here (some frost the other day in the backcountry) and there has been some rain.

Fingers X that they get rain up there next few weeks ,weve had some nasty weather in there between the 10th an 20th of sept,one yr even woke to 2ft of snow on the 10th..

takla
    Pemby Quote: "Ah well ,cant be perfect" .... " sometimes i think that this tread is actually a wormhole to another dimension"

Quote Originally Posted by Takla View Post
    Thx for the info .Im thinking we have almost a month before the trip so things should be opened up by then and fire finished.Talked to someone at Takla first nation so will wait for a call back.Last i heard the barge over from Granisle wasnt treating hunters that well we may have to find out for ourselves,i know where the gate is on that side
    and even if locked its easy to get around.

takla
    If I am thinking the same barge it’s private(logging/forestry use) and never caters to hunters. Even when I was logging there I could only use the barge for work purposes

I think your right Wild one,ive never used it either but heard they wouldnt allow hunters on 5 yrs or so back

takla

Quote Originally Posted by 2chodi View Post
    Yes, and the weather is a lot cooler now up here (some frost the other day in the backcountry) and there has been some rain.
    Rain showers off and on all this week in the peace country. So the weather teller says. I’m just across the border from tomslake and we got a 1/4” this evening. Radio was saying the campfire ban in bc peace has been lifted.