Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bow opener who's going?

Re: Bow opener who's going?

I'll be heading out early Friday to get the jump on the traffic and have a day of scouting my spots, then some R&R and back out at the in the early hours of Sept 1.

“When bow-hunting, you find you get closer to the woodland critters. The flora and the forest floor becomes clearer. You look at things more closely. You're moreaware. You know the limited range of the bow is only 40 yards or so. You must try to outwait that approaching deer. Careful not to make the slightest movement or sound hoping that your scent won't suddenly waft his way. That's when you'll know for sure and appreciate deeply what bow-hunting is all about.”
    -- Fred Bear

I'll be heading out on Friday night. My bow season is not looking good though, as the one place I was scouting became inaccessible. I'll be heading into an area that I don't know very well.

I'm working, the wife is going with out me.

Wifes on holidays, no restrictions other than the dogs.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check
    Made payable for an amount of 'up to
    and including my life'. That is Honor, and there are way too many people
    in This country who no longer understand it.'
    You only walk this Earth once,
    make sure your tracks are deep.

Me and the boy are heading out Friday morning as well to check the cams/sign and formulate a game plan for Saturday, looking to restock the freezer with bear meat for the winter!
    "You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear

Won't be using a bow, but I will be out Sept 1st with the rifle to do some hunting. Took the whole week off work. Mulies and black bears.

I'll be out. No time for scouting or cameras this year. Last time that happened it resulted in an archery bull elk. At least the temps and fires won't be such a pain in the ass...
    Yup, that coiler is a personal best...

I'm packing tonight and headed tomorrow morning for a day and a half of scouting before opening day for bow elk. Planning to take photos along the way and will report back when I return.

I am also hoping one of the many bull elk stumble by my stand where one of my cams has been very productive! I would not hesitate if a whitey came by as well ... heading out Friday for 4 days ! Good luck everyone.

Heading out Friday early am for a bull. Or a buck. Or a bear. Or anything edible and legal. 4 days out and get tk ty the new off road tent trailer!!