Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Stone sheep hunt: a son with his father

Re: 2010 Stone sheep hunt: a son with his father

Exceptional story. Those are the ones that we remember forever!
    If an animal is going to die so that I might live, the least I can do is perform the unsavoury deed myself.

Thumbs up Re: 2010 Stone sheep hunt: a son with his father

Great Stuff!
    One very worthy of remembering!
    Thanks for taking us along!!

And Best of Luck with your pursuits this fall!

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Thanks for the great feedback, really appreciate it. I left out the bear in our camp story, and the porcupine pets in our spike camp. The ribs were actually really good eating. Except close to the brisket and those really fatty bites... PROTIP: sew the rack of ribs to an old metal grate with some tie wire. Works a treat! 4-5 hours on low heat (not directly on the fire) and stand it up on end. Then turn 90 degrees as required.

Wow, unbelievable. What an amazing adventure to have with your dad. Thanks for sharing

Thanks for sharing your amazing adventure! The trip of a lifetime.
    kenny
    I love it when the seasons change.
    Fishing to Hunting.

Great read eatram!! Incredible hunt!! Thanks for posting......some great memories came about for me and my dads' hunting days!! Headed for sheep soon myself with my daughter!
    "I am fascinated by the wild, rough country where sheep are found. I love the long-continued excitement of the stalk. I even enjoy the disappointments and the frustrations, those stalks that go astray when the sheep have moved, and the wind changes". - JOC

Final product!

That's a very impressive wall,very happy for you

Holy crap you guys are a couple tough *******s! And I say that as a compliment! Excellent story!

Quote Originally Posted by Fella View Post
    Holy crap you guys are a couple tough *******s! And I say that as a compliment! Excellent story!
    Haha. Yah, I guess. After all, I did learn from the toughest. I didn't mention one really really funny story that happened on that trip. I didn't mention much about the first day. So we started off from our basecamp early. We hiked about 9ish hours and we were really beat! First days are always one of the toughest (not the toughest, as day 3 usually is for me). We got to our spike camp and I just couldn't help myself. I had to show my dad where the sheep call home. We hiked up, straight up, a mountain. I kept saying to him, just another 15 min. I said that for about 2 hours. He was getting really exhausted. We crested this one saddle and that is where I wanted to settle in for an evening spot. No joke, 5 minutes later I found the band of rams. I looked over at my dad who was just coming up to my spot, as he was a bit behind me on the hike. He flopped himself down in a heap and had his eyes closed before he hit the ground. I said, "Hey dad, I found you a ram"! Thinking that I would get a "awesome son, great job, I'm proud of you". But what do you think I got?! A half hearted "that's nice", and the first snore came out about 10 seconds later! Halarious!!! After his 30 minute power nap, he shot up out of his make-shift bed in the willows and announced "ok, where are those rams?!" He had his priorities straight. It is about the trip, it is about the memories, and it is about "inner rest". I don't have an english word to better describe inner rest, so I won't. If you get it, you get it. Thanks for humouring me with your attention.