Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Geese Around?

Re: Geese Around?

I don't hunt geese here so never gave much thought to the rules. Since this topic came up though, I have been watching out for them and have seen literally hundreds of them in the fields. Where they go from there would take some scouting but it could be worthwhile. Fred
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

BCHunter Guest

did you make it out and hunt today?

Had 2 opportunities Saturday. Got right on top of one small flock and couldn,t knock one down. Hammerd one but he made it out to the river with the rest of the flock. After lunch got close to a couple more. Knocked a 12pounder down but couldn't finish off the second one. It also made it out to the river with the other 2 flocks that were in the surrounding fields. Checked out them out on the river but couldn't see a wounded one. I must need more practice. They sure were stupid. I just spot and stalk for geese. I was within 30 yards of both flocks. The goose sure didn't pluck easy as well as having some pinfeathers. It kept my 7 year old happy as he spotted the first flocks in the morning. There was no one else hunting around as there were geese in full view of the roads for most of the day.

Gord