Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geese Around?

Geese Around?

has anyone been seeing any geese recently? i hunt the pitt-river areas. are there any numbers out there yet? i live in langley, hard for me to go out spotting. dean if your reading this get that little flat bottom boat ready bro! it's almost time to go goosen! can't wait! bah du bah du bah du (goose call).

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Geese Around?

We saw a couple hundred on the first fields east of Mission on the north side of the highway on Sunday. There is also a few up Agassiz way. My 7 year old is impaitently waiting for the 12th also.
    Gord.

In order to hunt geese in the Lower Mainland do I have to belong to a club? I heard something about needing special insurance. I wouldn't mind getting out hunting geese for the first time.

Rhys

In order to hunt Geese or any migratory games birds in the fraser valley you must purchase a migratory bird license, a fraser valley special area permit(acknowledges you are insured basically), and a regular bc hunting license. Also another note, you are only allowed to use steel shot to hunt migratory game birds, just thought I'd include that in case you didnt know.
    The Rocky Mountains is the Marrow of the World
    "Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."

I live near 248th and 16th and hear them going over every morning and evening but I never paid much attention as I used to be a prairie goose hunter and as such never got excited about these local birds. Fred
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Fred, you are not allowed to hunt in Langley unless you have written permission from a farmer that has proof the migratory birds are ruining his crop. It is a big hassle, not to mention people phone the cops all the time and the CO's too. It would be better to concentrate on a spot that has less people around.
    The Rocky Mountains is the Marrow of the World
    "Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."

BCHunter Guest

I can't wait for the 12th!

I have written permission to hunt a property in Langley

cool thanks for the reports.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty
    In order to hunt Geese or any migratory games birds in the fraser valley you must purchase a migratory bird license, a fraser valley special area permit(acknowledges you are insured basically), and a regular bc hunting license. Also another note, you are only allowed to use steel shot to hunt migratory game birds, just thought I'd include that in case you didnt know.
    So how do i go about getting insurance? do I just go to my insurance company and say I want $1 mil in personal liability insurance? i'm asking all my friends if they know anyone in langley/abby with farms, I'm from White Rock so its a it far to get away for a couple days. I think hunting geese would be very cool. I had a great time hunting deer for the first time this year.

Rhys

You can go to your insurance agent and get a liability policy for the 1 mil.. I have it included with my house insurance and a membership with the BCWF cover's you as well.

Saw a few birds a week ago when Dave (who I met on the site), and I went out for a walk near Pitt Lake. Lots of ducks around (a few weeks too late though), and the flocks of geese were smal. Maybe they are in fields someplace out here, I haven't found them yet though..............
    May get out the week after opening day.
    Buddi doing what she does best!