Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First Lite Gear

Question First Lite Gear

Anyone have any experience with First Lite gear? I've been wearing Icebreaker merino for the past few years, but need to purchase some new clothing and the price difference doesn't appear to be much, so might as well get some fancy patterns

2. Site Sponsor

Re: First Lite Gear

I have first lite and love it.. Its my main gear I use now...

I haven't used a piece from FL that I didn't like. Love merino for many situations and conditions hunting
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

I've got a bunch and really like it. I like the pants (Obsidians and Corrugates) quite a bit and the shirts (Wick) and some boxers. All really nice.

Great gear and a great company!

Highly recommend it. I have loved everything I have tried from base layers, mid layer merino, fleece, rain hear, socks etc. Their new stuff is even better

Excellent clothing and great customer service

Thanks everyone for the replies, one more question: How do their tops fit - specificially sleeve length?
    I made the mistake of ordering sitka before trying it on, and none of their tops come even close to my wrist. I have a long torso and even longer arms (don't get me started on trying to find dress shirts and suits that fit without hefty tailoring fees...

Kuiu stuff fits me well.

As stated above first lite gear is top notch. I have or still own many Kuiu items and I prefer First Lite as much and even more for some items especially their merino base and mid layers and jackets. Kuiu is marketed as ultralight light gear I found the first lite to be more standard weight and much more durable.

As as for the sizing I found the first lite fits much larger. It’s not cut “slim” like Kuiu. For example a large Kuiu super down jacket fits me snug where as a large insulation piece from first lite fit almost too big so I had to exchange it for a medium. I can’t recall the last time I wore a medium lol. So you’re length should be just fine if you order your normal size IMO.

How about buying it in canada, is there a distributor?
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.