Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First Lite Gear

Re: First Lite Gear

they now only sell direct off their site I believe
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

I'm a pretty lanky/skinny guy. About 5'10 - 5'11... I wear small and it fits me great in sleeve length. Much better then my Kuiu gear did.

Love all my FL gear. I wear mostly medium stuff. 5’11 175lbs
    i have found as follows
    kanab 2.0 fit M fit perfect
    obsidians M fit a bit big, but I don’t think I could downsize
    corrugate guide pants fit the same.
    chamas M fit big
    new wick stuff M fits perfect good torso sleeve length
    i have a large unpronounceable which is huge.
    and there new down jacket in M fits Perfect
    i have a M sawtooth and I find it’s the only thing that fits a bit small. But it’s one of my favorite pieces, and I’m not sure I would like it as much of it was looser it’s just super tailored.
    Hopefully that helps.
    Rule # 1 No talking about undies. yours or anyone elses.

I'm 5"18 175lb'ish.

Llano is medium - great fit.
    Chama hoody in medium - it's the correct size for me but I'm not the biggest fan of fit.
    Sawtooth in large - I like the fit. Had a medium but sold it b/c it was too short.

Their sizing has been known to be out to lunch. I havent bought any of their stuff in a couple years, so I dont know how it is now. Most companies your a large across the board, with FL it seemed like some stuff medium, some stuff large. Once you know its fine but its a time consuming affair making return and what not.

And the chama hoody i own got holes in it the first time i washed it, so that was less than awesome

I wash my merino on gentle cycle. Actually rarely wash it!!!
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

I’m 6’2” and have long arms as well. I have the First Lite Llano in large (among other pieces) and love it. I definitely wouldn’t say that it’s long in the arms but better than my icebreaker stuff

Quote Originally Posted by dapesche View Post
    I'm 5"18 175lb'ish.

Llano is medium - great fit.
    Chama hoody in medium - it's the correct size for me but I'm not the biggest fan of fit.
    Sawtooth in large - I like the fit. Had a medium but sold it b/c it was too short.
    So your 6ft 6in ? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    I wash my merino on gentle cycle. Actually rarely wash it!!!
    Same gentle cycle with laundry SOAP (as opposed to detergent) and then a no-heat tumble dry (keeps things softer) or lay flat to dry.

Quote Originally Posted by SR80 View Post
    Their sizing has been known to be out to lunch. I havent bought any of their stuff in a couple years, so I dont know how it is now. Most companies your a large across the board, with FL it seemed like some stuff medium, some stuff large. Once you know its fine but its a time consuming affair making return and what not.

And the chama hoody i own got holes in it the first time i washed it, so that was less than awesome
    Sounds like my Costco merino baselayers .... wash them with the wrong load and they get holes all over.
    In my experience it was other items with stupid zippers ... i think.

Haven't had issues since telling the gf to be a bit more diligent what she washes my merino with