Thread: North Selkirk Goat Hunt

North Selkirk Goat Hunt

I have a LEH goat draw in 4-38B. I was hoping to book the time off for the hunt in October, however my work and people are making it so this might not be possible till November. Has anyone on this site hunted there that time of year? I am worried if it is possible or not. Getting snowed in or out, too much snow or washed out or buried access. Plan was to hunt it October and get into alpine and camp and spend lots of time hiking and glassing until a decent billy is spotted then make a move. Might have nobody to go with so also looking to see if someone interested. Might end up having to do this solo and first goat hunt. North of Mt Revelstoke park, south of the Goldstream. Going there to hunt moose in late September (bull LEH) but goat is priority. Its beauty rugged country and I don’t want to miss out on these opportunities. I did a quick scouting trip this summer and took a nice grizzly in the area in soring of 2017. Any info would be appreciated

2. Site Sponsor

Re: North Selkirk Goat Hunt

Lets see some pics of the grizz!!! I hunted the same zone in 2017....had a great time and passed on a bear in a slide but didn't take one.

I've hunted 4-34 in November and had great conditions, but not into 4-38 so couldn't say. Also got snowed out of an area in late Oct one specific year, so it can be a bit tough to predict

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	77A473A1-6B2A-40AA-8CDD-E1CE18A9AF5B.jpg 
Views:	502 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	7076  

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	861F3076-C445-45DE-BC13-AFC488E170F2.jpg 
Views:	504 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	7077  

Ahh yes...THAT bear!! Congrats again, stud of a bear.