Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Tahltan Central Government Requests Immediate Hunting Ban Throughout Tahltan Territor

Re: Tahltan Central Government Requests Immediate Hunting Ban Throughout Tahltan Terr

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    I also think that you are already representing non-resident hunters just fine. With that said, respectfully, why dont you give a simple briefing as to where those similarities are between non resident/resident?
    338win mag, if you haven’t figured out by now that a hunter is a hunter regardless of being a BC resident, an Albertan or from another country..... then I would say you’ve missed out the boat as to what a hunter really is yourself.
    Thats the problem when dealing with fictional names on the Inteweb....you don’t know if your talking to a “real” hunter or not.

Re: Tahltan Central Government Requests Immediate Hunting Ban Throughout Tahltan Terr

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    338win mag, if you haven’t figured out by now that a hunter is a hunter regardless of being a BC resident, an Albertan or from another country..... then I would say you’ve missed out the boat as to what a hunter really is yourself.
    Thats the problem when dealing with fictional names on the Inteweb....you don’t know if your talking to a “real” hunter or not.
    Thats not an answer, but thats your answer, but hey I'm just one guy.

Bearvalley, I will give you an apology (in a moment) but first have a few things I want to get off my chest, not only to you,
    but a few others out here on this site.

Ever seen a dog chase it tail?, I have, and only the only thought that ever comes to mind is "WTF"!
    A useless endeavor, where the dog never accomplishes anything, and if even he does catch it's tail, so what, what has it
    achieved...sweet F'ALL.
    All it did was burn up some energy, for a useless cause, and nothing to gain.
    Worst part, it will continue to do it over and over again, day after day!?

That's what I see.
    To the point that I don't even glance any longer at some members posts, as I already know it's like watching that dog/tail.
    Continuously looking to go after something in the past is useless.
    There are a few like that here.
    Then there are others, like FD who could use a little help in "wording/etiquette" at times.
    GoatGuy was even worse.
    Don't get me wrong, I like their knowledge that they have to include in discussions.
    Then there are folks, like Dana (which I was glad he was back, like is knowledge on stuff, but hoped that he had "grown up"
    since the last departure....nope)
    Then their is Jelly, who likes his riddles and twisted poetry, but he can just put spin on the issue, to get people riled.
    (salt in the wound you could say, yet being slightly oblivious to how many out there are starting to feel).
    Not what I would call a very good "phycologist" for the future of all in BC.
    Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate peoples opinion, and the side of fences they satnd on, which there are several fences for sure in the yard.
    That being said, I do apologize when I use the term RH, and do not include GO's and their customers.
    Yes, I think some GO's are reall pricks, but then again, so are some RH and non RH, but on average, most are great people.
    Lets' start there guys.
    That whole GOABC/RH dilemma has had more consequences then just what was allocated.
    The divide still continues on even today, and so obvious on this site.
    Sad part, the ship has left the harbor, and where sitting here blaming each other for "being late/ not included".
    Keep it up, it s achieving so much, don't you all think!!???
    Whether we are a RH/GO/non RH, we better put down the swords, whether you think your past rants are wrong or right.
    There is a new war, and so far, we have had are asses handed to us, in each of those battles.
    We are being excluded, with basically no consultation, no voice AND worse, "we are being BLAMED for the problems"???
    Don't you all see that, no matter if your are RH, BCWF member, GO, or non RH.
    Somehow it's are fault for all these problems, and thus the lack of inclusion any longer!
    And in a way, we are to blame, cause we just keep fighting "ourselves" IE. CHASING OUR TAILS.
    So, I ask to ask yourselves, are you part of being the solution, or are you one of the problems???
    Unfortunately, it's not in my DNA, my knowledge or even my health, to get some kind of Association together.
    If I could, I would, as if it doesn't happen now (and it takes time), it is then "too late".
    An Association between RH/GO's/Non RH has to be developed.
    Maybe funding not only thru members, but from some big guns, like the NRA.
    (Lets face it, as every opportunity is lost, I think less and less about a new rifle, or even buying bullets to fire at the range,
    let alone hunting)
    I know I have talked this way before, and it takes all of about "one post" for the "tail chasing" to continue, so I suspect it will.
    Like they say, "can't teach a dog a new trick", so I guess its true.
    OR, you can lead a horse to water, but if it doesn't want to drink, it won't.
    Anyone up for a change?????
    Or, do you think doing the same old shit is going to work.
    I say that to all of us.
    Can the BCWF members think it "is working"?, the model/platform that they are using?
    Do the GO's think they will have a better voice on their own??, even if their clients generally come here for trophies, rather then meat??
    Do you think, you, as an RH, will have a voice, if you don't unite under some type of "Organization" (me included).
    Something to think about, isn't it!
    I am sure I have just kicked the Hornets nest against some "forum heavyweights" on here, but, so what.
    I am enjoying the Elk hunting FB site, and the Hunting FB sites anyways.
    Just a bunch of people there who "love what they do".
    Here's to hoping we get it together...all of us.

Apologize if I missed it, don't have the time right now to read everything. Can someone please provide names/addresses for which politicians to write a letter to, to voice the concerns of serious fear of hunters not being able to hunt on "public land" in the not so distant future? If there is any template-ish type letters out there please feel free to point me in their direction as well. Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by the force View Post
    Apologize if I missed it, don't have the time right now to read everything. Can someone please provide names/addresses for which politicians to write a letter to, to voice the concerns of serious fear of hunters not being able to hunt on "public land" in the not so distant future? If there is any template-ish type letters out there please feel free to point me in their direction as well. Thx.
    Well, firstly, take a look at post #48 for a template http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...vehicles/page5

Then, take a look if your mla for your riding is an elected ndp, or, if it is someone who will be running for the ndp next election who may not have been voted in at the last election.
    Either way, that is who you send it to.
    And as well, George Heyman's office.

Now, if I can add my 2 cents to this.
    Yes, you can write "what" is upsetting you, for sure, BUT, here's another way to add to these letters.
    You tell that MLA (elected or running) that you "will NOT be voting for them" come next election (due to your concerns that you have expressed (I would start with not voting for them first, then move on to reasons.)
    Also tell them it is due to their parties platform, but more importantly, due to George Heyman, and his direction and exclusion of RH and GO's of BC.
    Also, end by telling them that you are sending a letter to their adversary in the Liberal party of your same riding, of your concerns, and why you would chose them, IF and as long, as they support you.
    If that mla (ndp) wins, so what, they won't remember your letter anyways.
    But, should they lose, well then, your letter might pop back up in their mind at that point upon reflection.
    AND, by mentioning George Heyman, as the main figure for this loss. they will also be thinking of blaming him as well!!.
    Then you Write Heyman, and you tell him that you just told your ndp mla in your riding that you won't be voting for them
    come next election, due to "his actions" as of late.
    You can also state to him exactly what it is that disturbs you in there, but, he needs to start becoming aware that his actions
    can be causing a "negative impact" on other members of his party come election time!!
    It's your vote that they care about, and then the reasons why.
    And if a member in their party is running rogue, and effects them, they may just start to listen!?

One other thing to think about with George Heyman folks.
    One day, Horgan will lose, which means the ndp will need a new leader for the party.
    Carol JAmes has already been, so I doubt she would be the leader.
    So, who does that leave as experienced front runners???
    Ebby and Heyman come to mind.
    Imagine if Heyman is not just a minister, but one day the leader!! (and if they got in!)
    He needs to be shown as one of the ministers/mla inside that party, who helped "lose the elections for them"!!
    Not just Horgan, but Heyman as well.
    That's how you relate the letters to your local ndp mla's!
    Blame Heyman for their lose in the election coming, and they wont forget!!

I can't let this go....
    After thinking about the question posed by rackmaster...."What about non-resident hunters or just hunters in general, rather than using the term 'resident' in front of everything...."
    A fair question that really deserves a better answer than what I gave, maybe not a better answer, more specific.

I have always supported non-resident hunters and have never opposed them.
    I support the industry and the G/O should get their fair share, its an important economic driver and my family was guiding in this country before Canada was a Nation and before BC was a province.
    In the situation we have here in this province as of today I just dont care about "non resident hunters" and "hunters" as I do for resident hunters.
    I care more about the resident hunters who have built this province in a number of ways, and contributed for multi generations, and quite honestly dont see the connection,,, and I'm not the only one.

Bearvalley said.

OK....If there aren't any non resident hunters the FN wont have anyone to guide when they own all the industry so they have a different thought process in regards to resident, non resident, and the idea is to screw over resident hunters for the best results possible and its likely the entire industry would like to do the same, even if they have some similiarities and are all hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    I can't let this go....

OK....If there aren't any non resident hunters the FN wont have anyone to guide when they own all the industry so they have a different thought process in regards to resident, non resident, and the idea is to screw over resident hunters for the best results possible and its likely the entire industry would like to do the same, even if they have some similiarities and are all hunters.
    You started off with a decent post.....you probably should have let it go before it went into this dribble.

For starters only a handful of Tahltans own their own individual guide territories.
    The Tahltans do not plan to “own the whole industry”.

The Tahltans, local residents, guides and conservation groups have committed to wildlife within Tahltan Territory.
    In the last three years close to 3/4 of a million bucks has been put into wildlife collaring projects, health sampling...etc.
    That money and the work it funds is an investment for all....resident hunters, local First Nations, guided hunters and others that do not hunt.
    It is for the good of wildlife.

You seem to forget....or maybe it’s been programmed in.....most Guide Outfitters are “BC residents” and most are BC resident hunters.
    There’s a stigma that all guided hunters are non-residents....you’d have a damn tuff time telling one of my clients that lives in Prince George, Kelowna or Richmond that you have it any different than them.

Too many, like yourself have been drinking the Kool-Aid.....or sucking out of the poison pail.
    The request by the TCG was put out due to the concern they have for wildlife......as usual the bitching seems to be due to the concern about something someone won’t get.

Fair enough Bearvalley, I dont dispute anything you say, except the drinking of the "kool aid"
    I dont drink from anothers pail, that should be obvious by now.
    I think resident hunters have put their share into wildlife initiatives too and frankly have been pleading for the province to put more of their money into various projects.

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    It reads “respectfully asking resident hunters and others to refrain from hunting.....”
    Don’t turn it into a whitey resident hunter versus guides and First Nations pissing match.
    ...Why Not....Does the truth hurt? i mean the letter does ask for all to kinda not hunt but we know that not all will stop
    Last edited by Mik; 09-03-2018 at 01:24 PM.
    A man does not choose the momment, the momment chooses the man!