Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Tahltan Central Government Requests Immediate Hunting Ban Throughout Tahltan Territor

Re: Tahltan Central Government Requests Immediate Hunting Ban Throughout Tahltan Terr

Bend over and take it boys

Re: Tahltan Central Government Requests Immediate Hunting Ban Throughout Tahltan Terr

We can’t keep giving into the FN. they just keep wanting more and more. Something needs to be done!

If they're so concerned they should lead by example and ban themselves along with everybody else....but we know they're not going to do that because they've proven to be selfish and believe it should be their right only to hunt..we know this is their end game..

Quote Originally Posted by Brambo View Post
    We can’t keep giving into the FN. they just keep wanting more and more. Something needs to be done!
    And what do you propose??? K

Pemby_mess Guest

The FN probably say the exact same thing about us. Funny how that works, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    If they're so concerned they should lead by example and ban themselves along with everybody else....but we know they're not going to do that because they've proven to be selfish and believe it should be their right only to hunt..we know this is their end game..
    This is no surprise. If I was a FN leader and even occaisionally perused HBC, the climate for cooperation with non-indigenous hunters, would likely appear decidedly chilly. Nearly every day there is a new thread where a highly vocal minority seem surprisingly keen to throw all their personal baggage onto one small group of people.

The task of educating the majority, to the level adequate for moving forward in a mutually beneficial fashion must seem insurmountable.

I completely agree! The only head-scratcher is how to approach it in today's social and political climate without simply being written off as selfish, racist, backwards hillbillies.

When in doubt, the uninformed masses always seem to find it easier to side with the poor, down-trodden, wrong-done First Nations rather than the vile "trophy hunters," or "sport hunters," or however they want to label us to best suit their agenda. Doesn't make a very good feel good story that a bunch of boring old outdoorsmen fill their freezers and feed their families with moose meat for another year.

Originally Posted by Brambo

But us non FN's are the ones footing the bill for it eh !!!!! Funny how that works ... just saying ....
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Quote Originally Posted by Pemby_mess View Post
    How often do you hear the argument that non-native hunters should have exclusive access to the wildlife resources? And to accomplish that by cutting all other users (including FN) out completely?

I personally have never heard of anyone pushing for that..

Not exactly an apples-to-apples comparison you're working with there..

I would say the common sentiment around here is that everyone should be treated more equally, not less, with each getting a fair shake in the game regardless of ethnicity or any other trait we happen to be born with or without. ((Not exactly a heinous concept in my opinion))

I'm yet to have anyone point out to me where in any of the treaties it mentions that FNs are entitled to exclusive access to the wildlife resources. I'm totally fine with them having treaty rights to hunt and fish, but not sure why it has to be that myself and every other British Columbian should be squeezed right out of the game in the process. It has become pretty clear that this is the vision that they're working towards in the long term.
    Last edited by canishunter22-250; 08-23-2018 at 10:18 PM.

^^^^you are right on this one
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member

Nothing to do with equality - all about exclusivity.

And our governments seem to be OK with that.