Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tahltan Central Government Requests Immediate Hunting Ban Throughout Tahltan Territor

Re: Tahltan Central Government Requests Immediate Hunting Ban Throughout Tahltan Terr

Quote Originally Posted by codeitin View Post
    What's the concern here? All I see is letter from a group who has been concerned for some time over declining wildlife populations, who are exercising their position as recognized stakeholders of the area... thought that was part of the Klappan plan etc. ? Pretty sure any organization can write a letter with their recommendations and put out a press release. Also if moose season is open right now, and this letter is simply a proposal, why should any hunter stop hunting at this point?

Is there counterarguments from BCWF, BC government (also supposed roundtable members) etc. about why this closure should be unnecessary? I'd like to know because the only counter argument I'm seeing here is "because it's the FN saying so"?
    The concern is that the FNs already have established an end game of excluding everyone but themselves from wildlife resources. Now they are simply using anything and everything that they can as a foothold to muscle resident hunters out of the pie. This is what this is about - not actually anything to do with real impacts of fires on wildlife. It's just a convenient opportunity for them to hammer at their agenda again.

No different than the anti-gun crowd using any gun-related tragedy as a springboard to push their already-decided agenda. Long before these tragedies occur, they already have their responses and outrage formulated and they just simply wait for an event that they can use to leverage their position on.

Of course, if this was 100% about the fires and their impact then more residents would probably be okay forgoing a hunting season for the greater good of the wildlife. But that's simply not the reality of the situation. The fires are just being used as a pawn in a much larger picture.

Re: Tahltan Central Government Requests Immediate Hunting Ban Throughout Tahltan Terr

Quote Originally Posted by canishunter22-250 View Post
    The concern is that the FNs already have established an end game of excluding everyone but themselves from wildlife resources. Now they are simply using anything and everything that they can as a foothold to muscle resident hunters out of the pie. This is what this is about - not actually anything to do with real impacts of fires on wildlife. It's just a convenient opportunity for them to hammer at their agenda again.

No different than the anti-gun crowd using any gun-related tragedy as a springboard to push their already-decided agenda. Long before these tragedies occur, they already have their responses and outrage formulated and they just simply wait for an event that they can use to leverage their position on.

Of course, if this was 100% about the fires and their impact then more residents would probably be okay forgoing a hunting season for the greater good of the wildlife. But that's simply not the reality of the situation. The fires are just being used as a pawn in a much larger picture.
    Exellent post.

Quote Originally Posted by f350ps View Post
    And what do you propose??? K
    Paint us all with the same brush, giving a different race different rights will only create hate.
    No more of this special treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    They can go kiss my ass!
    I don't remember when I was now under the rule of any FN band???
    I have no voting rights with them.....
    My rules are passed from the government "we/I elect"...
    not no FN pretend BS.
    Keep in mind, the politicians you "vote" in don't give much of a shyt about you either...just saying

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    You got it Caribou_lou ...... a couple of outfitters have already pulled the pin and cancelled their season due to the fires.
    If the complete territorial ban takes place it’s ALL SHUT DOWN.
    Kawdy Outfitters posting pics on Instagram of Moose from this year already. More to come? We will see

Lots more to come.
    Business as usual.
    Tons of “want to be” Tahltan territory unaffected by fires.

Who cares what they say, they aren’t the BC government..
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    Who cares what they say, they aren’t the BC government..
    The BC Government cares what they say.....so pretty significant I'd say

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    Agreed. Don't take the Talthan request lightly, especially with this current gov't.
    A spiritual being trying to have a human experience

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    Now one should ask themselves, "why does the BC Gov't care about what they say?" Find the proverbial head of the trail. Why are the politicians so keen to bend over backwards for FN reconciliation? I don't have the full answer but only parts of it. I am in search of these answers - then we can formulate a plan from there.