Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Tahltan Central Government Requests Immediate Hunting Ban Throughout Tahltan Territor

Re: Tahltan Central Government Requests Immediate Hunting Ban Throughout Tahltan Terr

If the government was a dog in BC the the tail would be wagging it, any special interest groups get attention and seems like all of them unite when required to get their way, and the normal working folks don’t have the time as they are busy raising families, so maybe the government may assume the majority of people agree with these groups as there is no opposition publicly?
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Thumbs up Re: Tahltan Central Government Requests Immediate Hunting Ban Throughout Tahltan Terr

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post
    What was funny but is now just redundantly numbing is how you will always presume with a predictable bias.

25 years of working and living within FN society tells me you are wrong, again.
    Keep on with your construct, ego is a difficult beast to contain, I don't expect you to control it.
    Excellent!! Very To The Point, and as usual, Bang ON!

Cheers & Thanks!
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Re: Tahltan Central Government Requests Immediate Hunting Ban Throughout Tahltan Terr

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    ..... so maybe the government may assume the majority of people agree with these groups as there is no opposition publicly?
    It would be interesting to hear the BCWF reaction to this ban request.
    I know for a fact that they have a working MOU with the Tahltans.
    The BCWF is the voice of resident hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    If the government was a dog in BC the the tail would be wagging it, any special interest groups get attention and seems like all of them unite when required to get their way, and the normal working folks don’t have the time as they are busy raising families, so maybe the government may assume the majority of people agree with these groups as there is no opposition publicly?
    Kind of like what will happen if we get PR passed in the fall!! Special interest groups will run this province and the working class will wonder what is happening….

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Pemby_mess Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce View Post
    Kind of like what will happen if we get PR passed in the fall!! Special interest groups will run this province and the working class will wonder what is happening….SS

Special interest groups like hunters? One could hope I suppose...............

Just how much do local politics play in situations involving indigens ?
    So far the decisions have been handed down by the courts , both provincial and supreme court of canada
    I doubt they have a party flag.......??
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Boxhitch
    Local politics...we just saw the removal of the statue of the 1st prime minister of Canada with the roots being.. local politics. I have a feeling were going to see more of this sort of thing.

If a hunting ban were to be introduced then the BC government could simply do that, and extend it to the Tahltan, because if it were about conservation then thats the only reason I'm aware of whereby section 35 rights can be suspended.
    But, its not about conservation, and if any FN band in this province/country did actually care about conservation then it would be a good thing to get control over your own hunters first, and quit dropping cow Moose for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    Boxhitch
    Local politics...we just saw the removal of the statue of the 1st prime minister of Canada with the roots being.. local politics. I have a feeling were going to see more of this sort of thing.

If a hunting ban were to be introduced then the BC government could simply do that, and extend it to the Tahltan, because if it were about conservation then thats the only reason I'm aware of whereby section 35 rights can be suspended.
    But, its not about conservation, and if any FN band in this province/country did actually care about conservation then it would be a good thing to get control over your own hunters first, and quit dropping cow Moose for obvious reasons.
    Exactly.
    And when did I, a RH, a "non fn" fall under the rule of the FN????
    And yes, it's not about conservation "from their point", because if it was, they would "suspend all their band members from
    hunting"...not just many!
    The real truth is, many of their members don't hunt, due to old age, or health issues.
    So what do they do, they have the younger ones go out and "hunt for them"!
    I know this for a fact!!
    So yes, many of their band wont hunt, but the few that will, and always do, will shoot plenty of game for the entire band!
    They are not about conservation, but rather about having their own "private hunting reserve" now.
    If it goes that way, thru out the entire province, then so be it.
    It will just turn guys like me into "efficient poachers"!
    Is that what we want in the end????
    Or do we have one rule, for everyone?
    And if you break it, you "pay the same price"!!??

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Exactly.
    And when did I, a RH, a "non fn" fall under the rule of the FN????
    And yes, it's not about conservation "from their point", because if it was, they would "suspend all their band members from
    hunting"...not just many!
    The real truth is, many of their members don't hunt, due to old age, or health issues.
    So what do they do, they have the younger ones go out and "hunt for them"!
    I know this for a fact!!
    So yes, many of their band wont hunt, but the few that will, and always do, will shoot plenty of game for the entire band!
    They are not about conservation, but rather about having their own "private hunting reserve" now.
    If it goes that way, thru out the entire province, then so be it.
    It will just turn guys like me into "efficient poachers"!
    Is that what we want in the end????
    Or do we have one rule, for everyone?
    And if you break it, you "pay the same price"!!??
    Bugle M In.......you’re gettin kind of cranked up.....or maybe a touch emotional!

I’m still waiting to hear what our resident hunter representatives have to say on this issue.
    Or will they just stay silent....like with grizzly bear................

I’ll throw out the same question as they were asked at a recent stakeholder meeting.....Do you guys represent resident hunters or not?

You know they do Mike
    So it becomes a question of what members want under the label of 'represent'.
    We know what the policy statements will read in regard to items like representation, science based decisions, resident priority, allocation, access et al
    those are laid out clearly and have limited impact
    Beyond that, litigation and court challenges is the next step maybe. Who wants to go down that rabbit hole?
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole