Thread: Ants ate my wall tent

Angry Ants ate my wall tent

Was going to sell my wall-tent to my good buddy, Hunter1947, and he came over to check it out. We set up the framework and proceeded to take the tent out of a protective bag, I had built and low and behold, we found it had been invaded by black ants through the winter and spring. My well built forestry tent was now equipped with air conditioning. Now this would be fine if I was to use it in the heat of the summer but not so good for elk hunting in the fall. Funny thing was, all the ants were dead. There is considerable damage to the tent and now I am stuck trying to decide whether I should find someone that can repair it or trash it and buy a new one to fit my framework. It has damage to over 50% of the tent. The little *******s did not eat the kitchen vestibule at least but the main is pretty much done. By the way the tent was stored in a dry heated shop in a big canvass bag with a draw string pulled tight.

Any ideas or recommendations of people that work on these would be greatly appreciated.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Ants ate my wall tent

Little buzztards !
    Does it have to be purtee ?
    have patched tents with dental floss and denim, then later just used contact cement to seal the deal

Learned early to always raise the walls off the ground if leaving for extended times, as bears will usually make a second hole to get out of tents and cabins
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Look at the prices charged for new tents. It's a good deal less than I paid in 2001.

Little *******s. That sucks

Use your house insurance!

That sucks! They were obvious antis!

sorry - couldn’t resist.

Its sucks big time buddy I hope you can find someone that can repair your tent for a good price I am happy that I
    suggested we put the tent up to see what it looks like before I got it from you just think if we did not set this tent up
    and I set it up this fall in our hunting camp boy would I be in for a big surprise....
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

That's tough news. Option "C" - buy a used one. "antis" Ha, ha, good one.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

I never thought of that. I will try and get it replaced. Good idea Onesock.

Hey Wayne, I have a seriously heavy duty canvas tarp you can have if that helps. It`s off a semi for tarping hiway loads, I`ll never use it, yours if you want. Joe.
    Scars Are like Tattoos but With Better Stories